How long?

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:50 am 
Post subject: How long?
For the ladies that have had a bloody show.. how long was it before you went into labour? Im so frustrated. I keep getting strong lots of contractions that will last an hour of so and then just stop. Theyre defo not bh contractions as they are getting fairly painful like bad period pain. Also had a massive bloody show yesterday morning and had bits of bloody show still coming out all day.

I have been convinced I am going into labour everytime I get the contractions and then they just stop. I am starting to get really angry with my body!

Is there anything I can do to keep them going? Why is my body tricking me??? Arrgghh!! Laughing Rolling Eyes

Has anyone had this before? If so what happened? Xx

Kell83
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:57 am 
Post subject:
It's hard to give a time frame because of how different we all are, if it's bloody then the contractions are obviously thinning your cervix and possibly causing dilation. The best thing you can do is keep active. Let gravity do its job.
Good luck with your impending birth Smile
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:51 am 
Post subject:
For me I had irregular contractions from early morning. Had bloody show and light bleeding from 8 am and had him that same day 14 hours later.

Hope it's the start of things and good luck.
Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:19 am 
Post subject:
Well although I have been having small bits of bloody show this week I just had one the size of a golf ball.. sorry if thats tmi Embarassed

Feeling very crampy like af has arrived atm so hoping things will get moving soon xx

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:22 am 
Post subject:
First thing is, Relax ! Laughing Harder said than done but getting tense and annoyed or upset can have a negative effect on labour hormones and even stop contractions, instead of trying things to keep them going like long walks, sex etc. and risking over tiring yourself I'd try a bit of pampering and relaxing instead , the clary sage can be used as a massage oil as well as in the bath and if you have a ball some gentle circling on that could help get baby's head nicely down on your cervix to really get things going ,if you're in a nesting mood maybe try cleaning floors on your hands and knees, the old tricks are sometimes the best and it really does help bring baby's back round and get the head in the best position for labour, of course you could just try being on your hands and knees and your head and shoulders lowered as its a lot less effort than scrubbing floors Laughing if you alternate that with squatting on the ball then gravity might just do the rest ,I've had a show with blood in a few days before labour though , as someone else said it can happen in the early stages of just general softening and thinning which is why I don't think it's worth tiring yourself out when it could be a day or two yet , just think of these contractions as softening everything up so hopefully when the strong labour ones kick in you'll dilate really quickly Smile Good luck xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular