Does it peak?

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:30 pm 
Post subject: Does it peak?
Ok so my doctor has refused to give me anti sickness drugs. So I just need to know a few things to keep myself sane!

1. If the sickness went at 14 weeks with my daughter is it likely to do the same again?
2. Does it peak? It seems to be getting worse everyday and I am eating less and less.. will it start to ease off before it disappears??
3. Is the sickness worse because I can't lie in bed all day like I did with my daughter?

I am not enjoying this sickness and I'm sorry to moan again but this morning I was throwing up so much I coukdbt breathe... I just can't believe the doctor has told me to wait until 12 weeks. I'll be devastated if I can't eat Christmas diinner :'(

wannaBmummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:56 pm 
Post subject:
Why won't he give you anti sickness drugs?

I found that mine peaked at around 9-11 weeks, apparently this is quite normal.

I think towards the end of my sickness it started to ease off, i had gone from throwing up about 10 times a day to just feeling really nauseous.

My sickness with my daughter eased off at around the same time as it did with this one, so hopefully yours will too.

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:23 pm 
Post subject:
They said "you have coped fine for 8 weeks so you can cope with another 4 as in most cases sickness goes around 11-12 weeks" (well 14-15 with Ava) and they also said "there can be harmful side affects to your baby" which I know is a load of [*@!#%*]. They have told me to just rest.. yeh like I can do that with an overly energetic 2 year old!
I just feel super silly now.. I never moaned this much with Ava and I just rode it out. I don't understand why I can't handle it this time Sad I hope the labour isn't worse as well lol xx

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:24 pm 
Post subject:
They said "you have coped fine for 8 weeks so you can cope with another 4 as in most cases sickness goes around 11-12 weeks" (well 14-15 with Ava) and they also said "there can be harmful side affects to your baby" which I know is a load of [*@!#%*]. They have told me to just rest.. yeh like I can do that with an overly energetic 2 year old!
I just feel super silly now.. I never moaned this much with Ava and I just rode it out. I don't understand why I can't handle it this time Sad I hope the labour isn't worse as well lol xx

Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:37 pm 
Post subject:
That's shocking I can't believe your GP said that Confused
I'd be inclined to go back in a couple of days see another gp and tell them you literally can't keep anything down..not even fluids.
Its just not right that they sent you home with that type of 'advice'!!

Mine eased off at 14wks too..it did disappear at around 9wks for about a week but when came back. I found at 14wks the tiredness and sickness went at the same time x
Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:16 pm 
Post subject:
I would do more than just go back i would complain, that is awful, I was given anti sickness tablets and signed off of work at around 9 weeks, considering most peoples sickness doesn't even stick in until 6 weeks, you have only 'coped' for 3 weeks really.

How are you supposed to 'take it easy' with a toddler? They have been giving anti sickness tablets to pregnant women for over 30 years.

I would go back and ask to see someone else and express that you went happy with the lack of understanding you received previously.

MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:12 pm 
Post subject:
Go back hun and see someone else - that is not acceptable. Sad Can't believe they said that to you - how rediculous?
Hope you get someone useful next time. I'd definitely mention it too and say you aren't happy with what was said and how it was handled.
x

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:16 pm 
Post subject:
She basically made me feel like I should just deal with it.. when I explained I was even being sick when I haven't eaten and ISsaid it was making me feel really weak etc she said "thats part and parcel of being pregnant!" Well I never felt this bad with Ava. I probably did but I slept all day every day lol

I know it's old wives tales and I know i said it was a boy but I've changed my mind.. this pregnancy is identical to avas just far more intense but as I said thats probably to do with the fact I have to do things this time lol this baby has got to be a girl! If it's not I'll be very shocked!

I had a dream it was a girl last night too Smile xx

wannaBmummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:35 pm 
Post subject:
She sounds horrible, I guess she had wonderful pregnancies and bloomed all the way through. Rolling Eyes

Being that sick can be really serious as it can cause severe dehydration, are your sees really dark? Try to make sure you are trying to drink tiny sips of water, even though this made me throw up it helped with the headaches.

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:00 pm 
Post subject:
Yeh that's the worst part I keep getting super thirsty, drinking water and then throwing it back up.. starting to get super exhausted. I honestly thought they would have given me meds seen as there has even been blood in my sick. I don't think it's from my tummy though.. I assume it's coming from my throat. I just feel bad for oh and dd cuz I can't be my old self. My oh must think I'm so lazy. He can see I'm ill but I guess he can't imagine how it feels.

And to be honest with regards to the doctor I can't imagine she has kids with that attitude. Either that or hers were a doddle lol

Well I'm going to call back tomorrow and speak to them because I literally can't go on like this.. (I feel like a right drama queen now)

It's weird because usually I start to feel better at night but I can't stop being sick tonight. Just going to keep sipping my water in the hope getting rid of this pounding headache
Thanks for your support ladies, means a lot to me.. I'm welling up lol xx

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:20 pm 
Post subject:
Can you ring nhs direct or epu? Surely they should have given you something.. Not getting anything down food or drink wise is not good for you.. Keep sipping water though to try prevent getting dehydrated.. Also old wives tales say that of you dream of one gender your expecting the other.. Lol dont know the truth in that though.. X
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:14 am 
Post subject:
I was lucky and didnt really suffer from sickness went off foods but that was about it, I hope it eases for you.

Char

My beautiful little men filling up my world x
wannaBmummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:42 am 
Post subject:
RachNCharlieChoo wrote:
Can you ring nhs direct or epu? Surely they should have given you something.. Not getting anything down food or drink wise is not good for you.. Keep sipping water though to try prevent getting dehydrated.. Also old wives tales say that of you dream of one gender your expecting the other.. Lol dont know the truth in that though.. X

oohh this worked for me then because the night before my 20 week scan I had the most vivid dream about having a boy, and found out it is a girly.

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:46 am 
Post subject:
I dreamt Ava was a girl thinking of it but that was probably because I wanted one haha had dreams I was having twins too lol that's probably the reason for my dreams now too.. having sais that I dreamt it was a boy last week lol maybe it's on e of those cross gender babies haha

I honestly don't have a clue what I'm having but the old wives tales are fun I think xx

LianneJane5687
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:00 am 
Post subject:
That is ridiculous!!!
Deffinately go back, they can't leave you like that, especially with a 2 year old.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular