Measuring big!

charlene258
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:34 am 
Post subject: Measuring big!
Hi ladies I've just got back from my 34wk midwife app and she felt baby and said he feels big size she measured my belly and I'm measuring 39 wks! So 5 wks ahead!! She's told me I've got to go for a growth scan. Ive never had one of these before. I'm quite worried and wondering if anyone has had this before? X

[url=http://lilypie.com]

RacheynHarry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:43 am 
Post subject:
I have to have a growth scan with this one and I had to have one last time cause of my Thyroid. Its nothing to worry about hun, its just a normal scan and they look at the measurements of your baby and will decide if they will induce you early.

Just bear in mind though, as my midwife said to me, that the tape measure isnt always the most reliable thing cause if your baby has its bum stuck out or something then you will measure bigger than you are.

When have they booked you in for.

xx

charlene258
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:48 am 
Post subject:
When she was feeling him she was saying oh you've got a big baby in there but I'm hoping the measurements are big cus of alot of water or something. So if it turns out he is big for his wks when would they induce me? Surely not before hes full term as in 37 wks? Did u get induced?

wannaBmummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:56 am 
Post subject:
they wouldn't induce you before 37 weeks unless it was an absolute emergency. I have been told i am measuring 2-3 weeks ahead but that its nothing to worry about.

My midwife asked me the other day how big my daughter was when born, I said 8lbs and her exact words were 'Oh well your not going to have a small baby then!' . . . . . .oh thanks, no need to sugar coat it!

LianneJane5687
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:57 am 
Post subject:
Hiya, i had to have 2 Growth Scans with Amelia-Rose as i'm overweight but as the other person said it really is nothing to worry about, it's just like a normal scan and they will be able to tell how much baby weighs etc by looking at the measurements. Good luck

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:01 am 
Post subject:
I measured 2 weeks ahead for ages with Lewis. But my mw swore my baby was no more thanan 8lber and refused to send me for a growth scan despite telling me if you measure over for a ccertain amount of time they double check with a growth scan.. My baby was 11lb..... So It better to be safe than sorry xx
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:44 am 
Post subject:
Ouch rach 11lbs! Oh I hope this one isn't quite as big as 11lb but on other hand surely baby is better off being bigger than smaller. Wannabmummy-My 2 babies were 8lb8 so midwife said to me this time the same thing as urse and oh u don't have small babies do u! They really do like to make u anxious sometimes don't they. Everyone has been saying oh god u look huge oh ur gona have a big baby I don't like it when they say that it makes me worried about being able to push him out Sad so I wouldn't be induced before 37 wks then I hope not cus I don't want him to be in neo or anything. X

wannaBmummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:11 pm 
Post subject:
charlene258 wrote:
Ouch rach 11lbs! Oh I hope this one isn't quite as big as 11lb but on other hand surely baby is better off being bigger than smaller. Wannabmummy-My 2 babies were 8lb8 so midwife said to me this time the same thing as urse and oh u don't have small babies do u! They really do like to make u anxious sometimes don't they. Everyone has been saying oh god u look huge oh ur gona have a big baby I don't like it when they say that it makes me worried about being able to push him out Sad so I wouldn't be induced before 37 wks then I hope not cus I don't want him to be in neo or anything. X

Its annoying isn't it? 'oh your so big are you sure there is only one in there?" Well unless they were synchronised swimming for all three of my scans, yes Im pretty certain its just one!!

No I really don't think they would induce before 37weeks, even with pre eclampsia they would monitor you until past the 37weeks mark and only induce if absolutely necessary, which i don't think a big baby would be unless it was maybe linked to diabetes.

Faerydae
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:20 pm 
Post subject:
I was measuring a couple of weeks ahead from about 30 weeks, I didn't have a growth scan but he was born at a teeny 6lb 2oz so was obviously just a lot of water! Smile
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:00 am 
Post subject:
Hun it could be a lot of water, i can remember them saying i was measuring big with noah at one appointment it was not my normal MW but she decided to say. But he was a perfect size for me.

Char

My beautiful little men filling up my world x
charlene258
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:31 am 
Post subject:
I don't no char to be honest cus she had a good feel of the baby and said oh you've got a big baby in there so I'm guessing it is baby not water but then the cm being 5 wks ahead cud be the fact iv got alot of water aswell as big baby. Hmmm I don't I will just have to wait for the scan I'm still waiting for them to phone me.

XxNOAHnELIJAHxX
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:11 pm 
Post subject:
I will be joining you on having a growth scan if my little man has not grown 2 cms by 36 weeks Sad.

My beautiful little men filling up my world x
MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:54 pm 
Post subject:
5 weeks?! wow! You'd have thought they'd have picked that up earlier if it was that much growth rather than water.

I had a growth scan at 31 weeks because my consultant 'thought' I was too small but was fine - short legs and big head ... just like my daughter was. As the ladies have said it is a normal scan.
My sister carried very small in both pregnancies, the first was nearly 9lb and the second, identical twins at 37 weeks, were 7lbs each... she looked like she was just carrying the one. I don't go on their guesses so a scan may be a better measurement for them.

Good luck

xx

charlene258
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:05 pm 
Post subject:
Char hopefully ur little man was just scrunched up or something and he mite be in a different position next app. I no 5wks! It's crazy, the midwife said he had grown loads since las check up I was inly measuring 1 wk ahead at 28 app. I'm going to put a pic on and u can have a look urselves Smile

ELP1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:50 pm 
Post subject:
hi hun, i have been measuring slightly ahead all the way through and my last few appointments i was measuring 2/3 weeks ahead and when she had a good feel on Monday she said he is going to be really long. He is curled up as tight as he can go and still has no room left Shocked all of my family are really tall but me and oh were both born late around 8lb so i was hoping for a decent size but not to big!! I guess we wont know until he pops out!

You might have lots of water in there but at least with a growth scan you will know where you stand! i was tempted to get a private so we know where we stand and what i have to push out Very Happy but we cant afford it xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular