ASDA Xmas advert.

Lilly777
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:17 pm 
Post subject: ASDA Xmas advert.
Have any of you seen the Xmas advert for AsDA het this year? OMG I love it, it's the one with the mum preparing all the tiny little frantic details that makes Xmas so perfect then watching as her little family have a great time! It is totally our house at Xmas, by Xmas Day I'm knackered from shopping, wrapping, hanging lights, fixing baubles, chopping veg etc etc etc..........usually so that at then of it all my little family tell me they've had the best time!

Anyways I posted something on my Facebook about how amazing it was and one of my friends commented saying it was sexist stereotypical rubbish and she is personally offended by it!! Please?!? Then I saw on the Daily Mail news site that people are complaining about it being offensive and stereotypical! Am I just really traditional? When I was growing up my mum did all the work (do any of you actually have dads who would spend half an hour peeling sprouts haha) and now I love doing it all for my family.

I have a very successful job in marketing (all be it only part time at the mo) but I also love my other part time job of being a wife and mummy! Ooh the burn the bra brigade annoy me sometimes!

xx
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:49 pm 
Post subject:
I love the Asda Christmas advert, it is definately exactly the same for us in this house my mum rushes around doing everything but wouldent let anyone else do it as its what she wants to do so if I ever offer to help its like no no sit down haha! I don't personally think its offensive or stereotypical at all xx
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:54 pm 
Post subject:
whaaat?! I have seen a couple of adverts like this, i can't think which company the other is for. I think it is lovely, and very true in my house lol!

Sometimes people just like to bloody moan! Rolling Eyes

Tessytoo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:28 am 
Post subject:
I LOVE LOVE LOVE that advert!!

It is SO TRUE! It is mums that do everything ( lets face it- if we left it to dad there'd be alsorts missing or not done properly! Laughing lol!! ) seriously though, it not at all steriotype (sp Question ) Its a lovely advert and exactly the same as in my house!
And mums LOVE gettting everything perfect for the family (well I know I do! I love doing everything at xmas- the shopping/wrapping/putting decs up .... EEEK I cant wait for this year!!)

LOVE the advert!!

Those people are just talking complete bull!
Mummy2Harry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:58 am 
Post subject:
I love the Asda advert! I think some people just like to winge dont they Rolling Eyes x
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:16 am 
Post subject:
In my house I moan for about a month about how much i am doing, how everything is up to me, how I have to buy everyones prezzies including the hubbies family etc, MOAN MOAN MOAN!

But I wouldn't have it any other way because I love getting all of the glory on the big day! I probably wouldn't let OH help out more if he offered because Christmas is my time to shine!! Laughing

Bella83
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:39 am 
Post subject:
It is totally my house too.....but i LOVE it !! Its worth every moment especially now we have Emily.

My whole xmas is mental ! Between my husband working, we have to have boxing day with his parents its what he's always done. My mum and dad are divorced so i have to see my dad one day my mum another and she works shifts then there's the brothers from each side.....Haha madness.!!

Pen81
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:57 am 
Post subject:
Why would this advert be sexist? I love it too! My mum and I always joke how as women while you're doing the dishes you quickly put a wash on, plan dinner so you can start it on time etc etc. It's hilarious to see how Asda took this and turned it into a recognisable advert. Smile
Def great advert!
Oh missed a little thing here, in my family it is actually my dad that does christmas dinner. Wink It is possible haha! My mum doesn't really like cooking, so she's happy for him to do it! Wink In our own home, it's me def! Laughing
RacheynHarry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:21 am 
Post subject:
I love this advert and it is definately how it is at my mums, well apart from the fact that I do help her now that I am older.

My Mum has always said that she does all the hard work on Christmas Day and on boxing day everyone has to fend for themselves and run around after her as its her one true day off.

I am no way offended by the advert. I think its crazy the things that people are offended by and make complaints about!

Lilly777
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:29 am 
Post subject:
Glad it's not just me then! I think these exteme equal ops girls just see anything aimed at women and use it as an excuse to rant! I'm sure there be people out there offended by the new Boots advert where the girl gets a hairdryer because how sexist is that to just assume because were women we have to wash and dry our hair!!!!

I'm not budging, I love doing Xmas for my family and if that makes me a doormat then so be it! I've already started the moaning about having to warp all the presents but I was horrified when the hubby said he'd help! He says to me every year "I don't know why you bother, don't go so overboard" then come Xmas Day and he's thanking me I tell him that's why I bother!

Now I'm off the shops to make sure I get the perfect ribbon to match my wrappinng paper Wink

xx
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:34 am 
Post subject:
And I love the multi tasking comment........the other night after tea hubby went for petrol, by the time he got back I'd done the dishes, put a load in the washing machine and the baby was in the bath ha! To be fair my hubby isn't too bad at doing stuff (when he is told in no uncertain terms he is to do it ha!) but he can only register tasks one at a time and takes aaaaaages to do them!

xx
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:09 am 
Post subject:
I think people just like somnething to moan about !

I arrange most of our christmas, present buying, wrapping, writing cards, arranging sant trips etc but David always puts the christmas tree up, its his thing haha ! And he does the food shopping and makes christmas dinner as he's a fab cook and im rubbish but i do all the dishes and clean up.

However, this year im really excited as we're getting a new kitchen fitted before christmas and ill be having a dishwasher, so excited about that !
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:46 pm 
Post subject:
I like the advert too - Morrisons have done something kinda similar too. We laughed about it in our house when we first saw it because I don't do the cooking and my OH has done every xmas we have had at home (same as my BIL).
I am due two days before xmas and have invited family over for xmas which my OH is reeeally looking forward to! Haha!

xx

Lexismum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:47 pm 
Post subject:
What was the mum in? Hollyoakes?

Its one of the better adverts for xmas this year Smile

wannaBmummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:01 pm 
Post subject:
Lexismum wrote:
What was the mum in? Hollyoakes?

Its one of the better adverts for xmas this year Smile

She's the mum from This is England, it was driving me crazy until I figured it out!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular