Ovulation kits

Lindseylou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:21 am 
Post subject: Ovulation kits
I have a question and confused.

I been testing this month since 6 day after AF with Clear blue and it showed up on day 13 after my AF that i was coming into my fertile time and within the next 24-48 hour to have sex to catch this egg. I had then my cheapy ones turn up so tested the day after the Clear blue one said i was coming up to my ovualtion time and showed up with 2 line which is ok.

Am i now being stupid i tested today which would be still within my 48 hour mark but shows nothing and only come up with one line. So we baby danced on the night when the clear blue one showed that i was coming up to my fertile time and thought we have another day yet but it seem that i only had 24 hours of fertile time then? Or do i count the day it shows up with that smily face as the first 24 hours? Lost now hoping we done it right. It is just that i have to do 4 months of ovualtion testing then if not pregnant then we go back for test. We are both taking vitamins and not thinking about it too much not sure if OH feels pressure as im telling him when to perform. Embarassed
ELP1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:05 pm 
Post subject:
hi hun, the ov test normally goes negative as you are about to ov. You should get a positive anywhere from 8-24 hours and ovulation occurs anywhere up to 36 hours after the ov test has gone negative. every month would vary slightly. sometimes my ov sticks would still be pos when i was actually ovulating (i got strong ov pains!) or sometimes it would go neg and it would take 24 hours for me to actual ovulate.

How i used to play was once i had got my positive i would bd for 3 days straight and that way you have it covered.

My DH told to me to tell him when we needed to do it so we saved up swimmers for the positive opk and yes ttc sex is not quite the same but we had a bit of a joke about it and said it was all worth it. I didnt go into any other details with him and just told what he needed to know. when we first started ttc he was a lot more laid back and trying to get him to bd at the right time was hard work but if you have 4 months before further testing it is a good time to be as strict on oh as possible but like i said try and keep it light hearted and as fun as possible xx

Lindseylou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:39 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you ELP1,

That makes more sense now so i am due to baby dance tonight im on a promise lol.We will see how we get on then. I did realise it had to go negative before you ovulated. I must say that i am not getting the normal feeling like i do when i am about to realise that egg so did wonder. Embarassed
I just checked n my cheapy test and there is only 1 line s that must mean i am near then so carry on baby dancing for the rest of this week i think. lol

ELP1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:42 pm 
Post subject:
That is the general rule hun - you will ovulate once your opk goes neg. There has been the odd occasion when i have ovulated and still had a positive but it is right at the very end of my surge.

If you bd for the next 2/3 days you will have it covered for sure - good luck xx

Lindseylou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:30 pm 
Post subject:
Brilliant i will tell OH he will be pleased. My CM is not like it should be leading up to ov this month. I am taking pregnacare conception so this is the second month does it mean that is making difference to CM?
Lindseylou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:30 pm 
Post subject:
Im still testing with the cheapy ones and it came up with 2 lines so does that mean ive ovulated again already? Also it says it is negative with two line but i thought that it meant im coming up to my fertile time? Question Question
ARRR I wish i never started these now. Clear blue said that it was monday that to baby dance in the next 24-48 hours so baby danced then and have just been so knackered i just crashed out the rest of the week. I think i have missed it then Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
ChristyJade
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:20 pm 
Post subject:
oh Lindsey, I know exactly how u feel OPKs can be sooooo confusing! Weve been trying to concieve for around 18 months now but weve never used them before, starting using them last month for the first time! I get strong ov pain anyway so generally know when I ov but wanted to see what the fuss was with OPKs so done 1 the morning after i had my usual ov pain, well i didnt read the instructions and assumed it was just like a hpt, 2 lines positive 1 line neg, so I done the test two lines came up and I practically ran my DF into the bedroom Embarassed only to read the instructions later on to find out that the test was in fact negative as the 2nd line was only faint! what an i%*!* I felt, me and DF laughed about it so much afterwards.
Needless to say weve given up on them and we have an app on DFs phone that goes by my cycle. its actually called my cycles and we just make sure we BD every other day especially during my fertile window! baby dust to u xxxx
Lindseylou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:29 pm 
Post subject:
Ive been doing them for 2 months now and on the clear blue ones i am coming up on day 12 in my cycle as to baby dance in the next 24 hours and the cheap ones it comes up with a faint line so that is negative but i think this month im going to carry on with those and see whne it comes up positive and do the same and baby dance when that say as well. Will see what happens. Be nice if we catch the egg this month then i can still run my dog sitting business through the busy times and rest after when it starts getting quiet as well. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular