Bottles at 10 months

Clairebear30
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:52 pm 
Post subject: Bottles at 10 months
Hi girls can you help?
Isabella is almost 10 months old and on 3 bottles of 210ml a day - one at breakfast with cereal, one around 2-3 between lunch n dinner, then one at 7 at bedtime

Shes on 3 meals

When should i reduce the feeds and how much etc.

Shes due her review in around 2 weeks n im wortied they will say im doing wrong. Shes a hungry baby, when she was little she was always the next age group amount above in terms of amount. Shes on 98% for height n 91 for weight - well was but need her weighed again

Any advice would be great xx
Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:23 pm 
Post subject:
I know Sophie is breast fed still but she only takes morning and night now (and I have to force her as she's not really interested). Maybe try cutting out the middle one first?

You're doing a great job, don't worry about useless HV's!! X

Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:54 pm 
Post subject:
I just let my son lead me on the dropping bottles and I kept offering bottles morning, midday and night. He had dropped the morning and midday first. He refused milk from a bottle just before he turned one. I have him drinking full fat milk from a beaker before bed but to be honest he doesn't like it so I'm having to give him more yoghurts etc for calcium instead as its a battle to get him to drink in most days!

Don't worry you are doing just fine and eventually your little one will start either refusing he or gradually taking less from each or one at a time. Word of advise if you have a HV that is annoying I just tell them what they want to hear!!!
Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:42 pm 
Post subject:
She will let you know when she's ready. Sebastian didn't drop his lunchtime bottle until he was about 14 months old, it was at this time that he started to drink more water and juice. I think babies will tell you when she is ready.

kelchatters
Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:12 pm 
Post subject:
Max is 9 months Friday and still on 3 bottles a day, he has a 7oz bottle in the morning, 4oz in the afternoon and 8oz before bed. I did take out the afternoon one, but he went really unsettled, so put it back in today, he will soon drop it in his own time. He has 3 meals a day, plus a snack in the morning.

I wouldn't worry about it hun, just tell the HV he is on 2 if she's funny about it. My cousins little girl is 16 months and only just dropped her 3rd bottle.

xx
Clairebear30
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:30 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks everyone for ur help Smile ill try reducing the mid pm one by an once a time n c how she goes but if gets ratty try putting it back. When we went 4 bottles to 3 i thought it would be hell but she just coped - maybe im more stressy than she is lol

X
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:33 pm 
Post subject:
Try offering her a snack mid afternoon if you are reducing her bottle. George has two breastfeeds a day but has 3 meals and at least two snacks. He does drink lots of water from his cup.
Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:59 am 
Post subject:
Thanks hun
Well weve had a week of 4oz at 3pm instead of 7. N added a yoghurt. All ok
So think next week ill try taking it away completely

X

Jump to:  

Community

Popular