sore throat

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:49 pm 
Post subject: sore throat
Sam has had a bit of a cold, and cough the last few days but has cut 2 back teeth and has also been at nursery so I put it down to that.

she is now complaining of a sore throat, it doesnt look red, but i can see small whitish spots and also what looks like ulcers on the inside of her cheeks. it cant be bothering her too much as she is still eating and talking! but should i take her to the doctors as I dont want to have to deal with out of hours or drop in clinic over the weekend (chocolate tea pot springs to mind)

Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:54 pm 
Post subject:
It could be tonsillitis which will need antibiotics. Also watch for hand, foot and mouth which can cause ulcers in the mouth too (I don't believe they give medication for the latter).

I would get her checked out either way.

Hope she perks up soon.
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:16 pm 
Post subject:
Banoffee wrote:
It could be tonsillitis which will need antibiotics. Also watch for hand, foot and mouth which can cause ulcers in the mouth too (I don't believe they give medication for the latter).

I would get her checked out either way.

Hope she perks up soon.

I suspect she had hand foot and mouth a few months back, at which her mouth was really sore, but the drop in centre said it was just a virus.

i thought tonsillitis but she doesnt have a temperature or seem really ill.

Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:27 pm 
Post subject:
My niece gets tonsillitis a lot and sometimes she is really poorly (vomits before sore throat) and sometimes not too bad. She has been prescribed anti-b with a 10 day course on some occasions (i think when its quite bad). See how she is over night and in the morning as she is cutting some teeth too it's makes it difficult to judge.

Jump to:  

Community

Popular