What to get her????

Tessytoo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:27 pm 
Post subject: What to get her????
Ok so its my daughters first birthday 2 weeks after christmas and I have NO IDEA what to get her! She is going to get loads for christmas so Im not too sure what to get for a her birthday Question I know she is going to have lots of new toys already and propbably some clothes for xmas......

She has got a pink smart-trike which Ive put a little pink name plate on, and ill attach a big number 1 balloon to it, Ive also got her a pretty dress and a teddy that her big bro chose (sp?) Smile
Any more ideas ladies? She will already have so much and also she wont really know whats going on so is there really any need to get alot more?

For those who have got children near christmas, what do you do? Do you give them less presents because their birthday is so close or how do you do it? Im abit stuck lol! Laughing
XxNOAHnELIJAHxX
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:36 pm 
Post subject:
For me I would prob put money in a savings account for them. Until they can ask or might need something in the future. I would rather do that than by some more toys that their going to get plenty of anyway.

You could buy clothes as well hun

Char

My beautiful little men filling up my world x
KathG
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:57 pm 
Post subject:
Hey I am in the same boat my LO turns one two weeks before christmas. For his birthday we got him a little ride on car thing that he loved when we were in the shop. TBH I am planning to let him see it, have a wee play on it then put it by for the summer when he will get more use out of it.

For christmas he is getting a wee toy piano as his main present and then just a few small toys. Not going to stress about getting lots because they are too young to know. But I think when he is older I will get him smaller amounts for his christmas and birthday (because they are next to each other) then make an effort to let him pick out a toy or something he wants every summer. That way I will spend the same amount over the year as I would do if he had a summer birthday and he wont have to go a year (a lifetime foe a child lol) between presents. Hope that make sense. Happy birthday to your Lo when it comes Smile Her presents sound fab!

[/url]
thatonethere
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:12 pm 
Post subject:
I make personalised taggie blankets, perfect for 1st birthday, if you'd like my details just let me know Smile my sons bday is soon after xmas too xx
Tessytoo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:35 pm 
Post subject:
thatonethere wrote:
I make personalised taggie blankets, perfect for 1st birthday, if you'd like my details just let me know Smile my sons bday is soon after xmas too xx

Ive PMd you hunni Very Happy
wannaBmummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:45 pm 
Post subject:
My daughters Birthday is 2 weeks before Xmas, we try to not get her toys etc because she gets so many from everyone else and it doesn't feel very special. . . . .and then she gets loads for xmas and we simply don't have the space! Rolling Eyes

So we try and do special things as a family with her for her bday, we took her to Centre Parks last year and did a treasure hunt around our chalet with little girly things etc.

This year she is moving into her new bedroom, as we are having a new baby we are moving Belle out of the nursery and into a princess fairy bedroom - it has cost us quite a lot of money but we have put so much effort into it, i have hand painted fairies that look like her and her friends. Her dad has made a secret door by cutting a little door out of her door and i have painted it to look like a secret garden entrance. I have brought special nick nacks to go in it etc, she will just be so bloody excited when she sees it. . . better than any toy we could have given her.

We also keep a bit of money in her account and buy her something in the summer, i.e big paddling pool, trampoline.

jenneve
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:28 pm 
Post subject:
evelyns birthday is 2 weeks before xmas and to be honest for her first birthday and xmas we bought her nothing! only because we knew family would buy stuff and also what do they need at one!
were not buying gabriel anything this xmas as he is only going to be 7 1/2 months.
i dont think you need to spend lots of money, i would save it or put it in a bank account for her.

StaceyRD
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:17 pm 
Post subject:
Uhm. George turns one two weeks before Christmas and Isabelle will be three three weeks after...

I've bought a fair amount, but not spent a lot and all I know they'll both love. Christmas is going to be a joint event - so they have books and toys to share and new pjs/dressing gowns each and we'll have a big family day together. Birthdays are the special ones we'll celebrate more and have lots to split. Off the top of my head George has a stacking wooden train, a vtech train ride on and jigsaws for his birthday.

I so can't wait. Kids have been playing with basically the same toys as all year, quite bored of them all now! Have been having sort outs and selling a lot and doing charity runs for the rest so lots of room for new toys! xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular