Need to let off some steam...had a [*@!#%*] day!

LianneJane5687
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:39 pm 
Post subject: Need to let off some steam...had a [*@!#%*] day!
Ok so This morning i was worrying as tomorrow night is my Brother and his Girlfriends engagement party and i can't even afford the travel there and back. No ones driving so i can't ask to go with them and i'm sharing a cab with my sister but still can't afford it.
Then we get letters from the council saying we need to start payng them an extra £400 a month so been worrying and crying about that most of the day.... Last year we had a really [*@!#%*] christmas so was looking forward to a really good one this year but can't even afford the tree now!
And to top it off, Amelia-Rose has been teething, she woke up at 5:30am this morning and has been groggy all day and now keeps waking up screaming, tried Bath and Bonjela and she's been quiet for the past 15 mins or so but now ran out of Bonjela and can't afford to get any more now until next friday so don't now how she's going to be at the party tomorrow and also got a Christening to go to on Sunday!!

Just feel so drained and tired Sad

Tessytoo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:50 pm 
Post subject:
How come you have to pay an extra £400 a month??!! Shocked What on earth do thy need all that for?

Sorry your feeling poo, money trouble is so awful, Ive been there and am only just starting to get back on track.

Not really sure what to say but didnt want to read and run as I know how it feels.
Can you not speak to your sister, tell her your struggling and ask if she can she pay for the cab tomoro? until you can afford to pay her back?

Also christmas is about 6 weeks away isnt it? You can get trees for less than £10 so could you not afford just a little one or have you got an old tree you could use?

I hope you feel better soon and things look up for you hun x
Lilly777
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:57 pm 
Post subject:
I'd tell the council to go swing for their demand, they cant expect you to find that kind of money just like that! I'd ring them and ask if it can be started after Christmas, tell them you need a month or 2 to organise that kind of increase in money.

And please don't take offence but how is it you are still planning on going to this party tomorrow if you can't afford a small tube of Bonjela for a week? If I were you I'd just explain to my brother the situation your in, surely he'll understand why you can't go to the party. Tell him you have to spend what money you do have your baby.

xx
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:11 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya.

Basically the person that dealt with us at the housing department told us to apply for Working/Child Tax credits as we'd be a lot better off each month and that we'd have to pay them back about £10 a month due to the increase of money we'd be getting so we applied in March/April this year and a month or 2 after that we took the form into the council to prove we claim it etc etc and they photocopied it, only now have they decided to send the letter and say they overpaid us almost £800 due to the increase of money we were getting....so for starters we were given the wrong info in the beginning so Mark phoned the council to quiry it and the lady said they never recieved it until AUGUST!!! so how has it taken 3 months to get to them?? so Mark told them this and as usual they were 'right' and he said ok so your saying you recieved it in August, so why has the letter only been sent now? to which the lady didn't know what to say and said we could appeal against it which is what we're going to do. We only have until March to pay it back so had we recieved the letter months ago we'd have been able to manage to payments as it would have been less each month!! grrr

The party issue is sorted now, my brother is going to drive to the venue and leave his car there so it's just the cab back that i have to pay so i can go to the party and buy the bonjela! Smile

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:26 am 
Post subject:
My council have done similar to me.. I have changed all my claims back to joint (me and oh split earlier this year and got back together) and we are now on the same money we were on before but they are giving us 140 a month less housing benefit and want us to pay 190 a month council tax..Silly cos we're in a worse situation money wise as a couple than we were split up..
Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:30 am 
Post subject:
if i was you i would contact the council and tell them that you cant afford there repayment schedule. work out what you can afford (even if its £1 a week) then make the payments and stick to them

as long as you are making payments they wont take any further action as they wont get anywhere, if it went to court then the court would laugh them out saying that you were paying it back.

i once had a debt of £47 and offered to pay back £2 a week, they wrote back and said we accept your offer of £2 a MONTH! Laughing took me 2 years to pay it back

xxOliverAndMaxsMummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:42 pm 
Post subject:
I'm not sure what to advise here as the general rule is to always pay rent/mortgage and council tax first and the rest of the bills can whistle as they are the only 2 that can really put you in the poo.

Personally I'd give them a ring though and tell them you can't afford it. Even better go to your local council office (where rent, council tax etc is paid) and speak to someone face to face. I'm sure if you explained the situation you'd be able to arrange a more acceptable payment plan.

Whatever you do, don't ignore it as when the council tax people come after you they do it very harshly.

Terri xx

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:04 pm 
Post subject:
I forgot to say I went to my local council office and asked about making a payment arrangement so I could spread the 2 payments and she said until o have a reminder they cant do anything and I wont get a reminder till Jan cos of Christmas but just to make payments towards what I owe/what I can afford to pay it off.. Dont know if that helps x
Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:18 pm 
Post subject:
I doubt they'll come after you if you make an effort. Maybe pay £100 and contact them after Xmas?

Terri xx

xxOliverAndMaxsMummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:19 pm 
Post subject:
Obviously I mean £100 on top of what you already pay so if your regular amount is £120 pay them £220

Terri xx

xxOliverAndMaxsMummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:21 pm 
Post subject:
From what I know about the council they like it all by the end of the financial year so could you pay it by April 1st ? If so that's £200 per month

Terri xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular