19 And Pregnant

Leesha1712
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:47 pm 
Post subject: 19 And Pregnant
Hi there, I'm 19 and me and my partner decided that we wanted to try for a baby, I had my implant taken out at the end of December and two months later I'm pregnant. I know its early to tell people as I worked it out I'm only 4-5 weeks but I was shocked how fast it happened and a few family and friends know we were trying. And with my sudden change of mood and attitude they guessed. I have the support off my partner and parents but I feel that the majority of my family aren't happy for us due to my partner being older than me. However I'm happier than I ever have been and I know we'll make perfect parents, we bounce off each other and I know we will get through anything together. I have a few concerns and worries with it been my first and I'm constantly been told all sorts of different things I cant do which I appreciate but tire of, its like a constant list of things I'm doing wrong and baby isn't even here yet. I'm sure it's just my hormones playing up why I'm feeling anxious. I am unbelievably excited but have a nagging feeling I'm going to mess up? Plus I'm comparing myself to my partners ex wondering if I'm going to be a good parent that wont stop him seeing our child if things go wrong. But on the other hand I know I'll be a good mother. Are these normal feelings? xx
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:55 pm 
Post subject:
Totally, it doesn't matter how old you are you always worry that you won't be a good mum or you might not be able to cope and it definately doesn't help having other people commenting because of your age , sometimes you just have to politely tell them to keep their opinions to themselves when you haven't asked for them Smile Congratulations xx
Leesha1712
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:06 pm 
Post subject:
It makes me feel much better knowing I'm not the only one who feels that way. I know I'll be the best mum I can and I don't care if no one else does it will be them who's proven wrong I'm just so excited xx
nds
Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:41 pm 
Post subject:
absolutely. if anyone reacts negatively, you just have to brush it off. at the end of the day, you're in a loving relationship and you know you're gonna be fab parents! you could be in a much worse situation like many girls out there Smile best of luck xxxx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular