Cramping

Erin92
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:46 am 
Post subject: Cramping
So, I just found out last week that I'm pregnant. The doctor who did my ultrasound couldn't see the baby, but my hcg level was 130 and everything came back positive. He said I'm just not far enough to tell how far yet.

I'm scared. Is that normal? And, I've been having occasional cramping. It isn't excrutiating or anything.. But sometimes its in the middle, smetimes on the right side and sometimes the left. Sometimes coughing makes it worse. And I just noticed a very thick, milky mucus that I'm told is normal. But it had a slight pink twinge to it today.

I don't want anything to be wrong. My doctor wasn't very helpful since he couldn't see anything, but I instantly quit smoking, changed my diet, began prenatals and started taking better care of myself for the baby.

Someone help me. I'm 20 yrs old and scared to death. Sad
RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:52 am 
Post subject:
Implantation of the baby can cause cramping. I had period style cramps on and off for the first couple weeks now get 'growing' pains.. Hope thats all it is for you. If the pains get worse though or you start bleeding fresh blood you should see
your doctor/midwife x
Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:59 pm 
Post subject:
There isn't any bleeding at. all, and my cramping has since stopped. I go to the OBGYN tomorrow and see how far I am. Is it normal for the doctor to no be able to tell upon a first ultrasound? I want everything to go perfectly.. And I'm trying very hard for this. But I'm worried to get my hopes up.
MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:24 pm 
Post subject:
Hey hun - cramping is normal for the first weeks right through the first trimester (to 12 weeks) and sometimes beyond if you have a lot of stretching to do! So it is perfectly normal - don't worry! Also an ultrasound really won't show much before 6 weeks at the earliest - sometimes even later than that as in the very first weeks there is literally a sac and a tiny 'pole' that can be only 1mm long - seriously - little to look at! At 6 and a half weeks to 8 weeks you can start to see a sac, blob and sometimes a heartbeat and it takes til 10 weeks or further to actually see anything that looks like a baby - so don't worry there either. Hopefully the next scan will show a blob for you and they'll be able to date you Smile
xxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Pregnancy Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular