baby kicks and anterior placenta??

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:27 am 
Post subject: baby kicks and anterior placenta??
So I found out at my scan my placenta was anterior and that it can affect finding the heartbeat and feeling movements. But
I've noticed movements since about 15 week's bubbles then and more like pops now.. But I feel it some days and not _others.. I was wondering if that was because of my placenta?? I feel baby more at the right side and sometimes right down low...
Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:14 am 
Post subject:
I didn't realise they could tell at your 12wks scan...I suspected I had an anterior placenta and it was confirmed at my 20wk scan. I first felt tiny flutter at about 13wks when Sat down with my jeans on..I could feel it where the waist band sat iykwim.
It was very hit and miss, I could go days without feeling anything. Then from about 17wks she started with bit of a routine so I started feeling g her a bit more often.
At my scan they said it was anterior but it'd moved right round and was situated at the top left of my bump.
As your bump grows it's likely the placenta will stretch and move round. They don't really tell you to start monitoring movements till well after 24wks and they've still got loads of room to swish about and due to the placenta cushioning it..it's likely you won't get much stronger movements till after 20wks Smile
Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:54 am 
Post subject:
She said it looks like you have an anterior placenta and wrote it on my notes?? She was the head sonographer I think though? I felt it loads the other day and then had nothing that I've noticed for a few days.. I could feel little pops inbed this morning though Smile and after lunch yesterday.. Cant wait for it to get more regular it's the best part Smile just under 3 week's ti'll I see him or her again:) x
Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:02 pm 
Post subject:
I noticed that my movements and kicks felt different to my first pregnancy. So I suspected anterior placenta and i think it was my 20week scan they confirmed it. My movements felt a lot more internal than when I was pg before, and i felt a lot more in my lower pelvis rather than across my bump. My tummy was also a bit wobblier, i never know if this is because of my placenta lying at the front or just because my stomach muscles are knackered!

I think sometimes its just normal for babies to have busy days and then quiet days.

keltru
Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:59 pm 
Post subject:
I'm the same! I suspected an anterior placenta for the same reasons as you wannaBmummy. I'm feeling regular movements everyday now but my bump is still very wobbly, getting firmer at he top though x x mine wasn't picked up til the 20 week scan x x

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:04 pm 
Post subject:
do you think its possible the sonographer was wrong then? i didnt see anything but its on my notes.. i was 13+2 at my scan?? its funny i feel the 'big' movements when im eating my lunch... it happened again today eating my sunday dinner Smile
Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:51 pm 
Post subject:
She was probably right, they just don't usually mention it or take note so early on cos from 12 to 20wks your uterus grows so much and the Placenta moves up and round so the position at 12wks isn't really relevent Smile
Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:19 pm 
Post subject:
I really dont remember being so confused with the other 2... Sorry for all my questions Very Happy
Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:28 pm 
Post subject:
I think she's probably right. If she's the lead sonographer then she must have loads of experience and would have seen plenty of placenta's! Maybe it was just right in her view which is why she noted it down x x

ELP1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:42 pm 
Post subject:
hi hun. I have an anterior placenta. I had flutters on and off from 15 weeks but did not start getting proper movement until 22 weeks - i actually started to really freak about it!! but all totally normal. So from 15 to 22 weeks all i had was flutters that was it.

It is very unusual for them to look at the placenta at the 12 week scan they normally always wait until 20 weeks (i think this is because the placenta is not fully formed and functional until around 14 weeks)- but i guess they are all different - maybe ask at your next mw appointment xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular