Heartburn/acid reflux?!

finlayx
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:52 pm 
Post subject: Heartburn/acid reflux?!
Hi guys Smile
I'm 27 + 2! Through most of my pregnancy I've suffered from heartburn and I've found that a lot of the time Rennies work and so does milk. However, lately, I've been getting it really bad and I can also feel it up in my throat so thinking it's also acid reflux too? I've been taking Rennies but they've not really been working. I kind of feel like I've been throwing up as my throat really burns and is really sore, dry and tight afterwards. Sometimes it's so bad that it makes me feel like I do want to be sick, but I never actually am sick. It's driving me mad as it's constant and it's putting me off my food! Help?!
tracebumfluffwhy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:31 pm 
Post subject:
Try sipping some STRONG mint tea Smile

K8andJJ
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:45 pm 
Post subject:
Go to doctors or midwife (who'll ring/talk to doctor for you) and get them to prescribe you Gaviscon Advanced. It's really expensive if you just buy it from pharmacy which is why I get it on script all through pregnancy. I take 10ml after each meal and before bed and touch wood it's still working. I don't get indigestion but get awful acid reflux which usually starts around 12-16 weeks and Gaviscon is the only thing that can keep it under control.

Hope u get it sorted Smile

Bobski1980
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:33 pm 
Post subject:
I got ranitidine on prescription and this taken on a regular basis stopped my heartburn. lso had gaviscon. Good luck.

WeeGem
Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:04 pm 
Post subject:
I suffered really bad with heartburn in my last pregnancy & this one...over the counter remedies did nothing for me...i drank gaviscon & ate rennies like they where every day food! So my GP put me on Omeprazole 20mg gastro-resistant capsules once daily...within 1 hour of taking the first capsule, I was heartburn free! Would be worth mentioning to your doctor x

abbie29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:11 pm 
Post subject:
When I was pregnant with Izzy, I used to get horrid heartburn when I went to bed. I found milkshake worked and using a pillow stack (one pillow, two over it in a triangle and then one over the top) which meant I slept sitting up (kind of) really helped. xx
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:16 pm 
Post subject:
Love hearts and parma violets worked for me! Xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular