got a few questions XX

Xxxpolxxx
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:59 pm 
Post subject: got a few questions XX
i have found out im having twins they are the kind that share everything (cant think of the technical name)i have been told they will be born by c-section at 34 weeks, will i have to have steroids and will they go into special care??
i meant to ask the consultant but my partner got rushed to a n e in an ambulance while we were in the waiting room Confused so i forgot.
also there is only a 50/50 chance that they will survive and im not morbid but just wondering would you go any buy a double pram and two of everything?? i feel like it tempting fate shopping at any point, but theres a massive chance of been in hospital for a long stay so i wouldnt be able to go shopping.
i would just like some opinions as i am a bit over whelmed at the minute xx
Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:38 pm 
Post subject:
Hello,

I didnt want to read and run.

Im sorry to hear your situation, but im a great beliver in positive thinking!!
I hope both twins are born happy and healthy!!

As far as buying everything, i really dont know-sorry!!!
maybe have a chat with a few baby shops and see what advise they have, maybe you could make two lists, one for one baby and one for two babies. They can have both orders ready and then when babies are born you can let them know which list you'll need?????

Sorry its not much advice!!!

I wish you and your twins well xxxxx
wannaBmummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:35 pm 
Post subject:
Firstly congratulations on your fantastic news! how exciting!

I would personally put off buying the pram until after around 26 weeks, thats just what I would do. But I would be buying other bits from around 20weeks.

My SIL has had twins, she was very closely monitored and and looked after, things are very different now a days and you are given the best care. I can understand why you would be worried act but I really would try and enjoy it, so many women every year have twins, in the same situation as you and have two wonderful healthy babies!

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:56 pm 
Post subject:
my cousin was pregnant with identical twins, unfortunately they developed twin to twin transfusion and one died at 26 weeks. i know thats not very helpful but what i want to say is they left her till 38 weeks and she had to deliver them both naturally.. i think your consultant may have been pointing out the worst possible situations?

i think like wannaBmummy i would wait till later to buy things you need double?

another girl i know had non identical twins and she still waited till later to buy her double buggy. i think she was in her 30 weeks..

sorry i dont think this is very helpful.. Smile
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:19 am 
Post subject:
thank you
i dont no how to feel yet as im trying to get excited but im just worried at the same time xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular