Contradicting GP and Pharmisist Advice???

Gemb288
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:29 am 
Post subject: Contradicting GP and Pharmisist Advice???
Hello, please can someone help????

Im 22 weeks pregnant with my 2nd baby.
Having spent the first 20 weeks really constipated its seems my my body has now gone the other way!!!
My IBS is really bad as the moment!! I'm now crippled with cramps and diarrhoea!!!
When im not pregnant i take mebeverine/colofac and imodium to control it.

When i was pregnant with my first baby my GP said i could continue with the mebeverine/colofac but imodium was a no no in pregnancy. So thats what i did.

I haven't taken any meberine/colofac this time round yet coz I haven't needed to being so bunged up!! But this week it's turned on its head!!

So..........when I was in the Drs getting my flu jab on friday I asked the GP if I could take mebeverine/colofac and he said yes (just uses it when you need it and not all the time) and then I asked the pharmacist in the chemist and he said yes too AND yes to Imodium (having previously been told by GP this was a no).
BUT I asked then triple checked (ha ha) with the pharmacist in Tesco and he said no to mebeverine/colofac.
AND the NHS website for Mebeverine and Imodium also says no!!!!

Nightmare!!!!

I literally don't know what to do, there is no one left to ask!!! And I'm in agony.

Any Thoughts??

Thankyou xxxxx
hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:15 pm 
Post subject:
use it! It is no use to your baby if you're in agony and doctors are in the position to say yes as they have all of your records to hand where as a pharmacist cannot be giving out advice soncering things like this when they're unsure of your history xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular