baby and toddler share a room... help!!

missanimal
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:18 pm 
Post subject: baby and toddler share a room... help!!
I have a 9mnth old who shares with her 3yr old sister. Until recently both slept really well, but for some reason my baby now wont sleep!
With my eldest, when we had probs ages ago we used crying out method which worked brilliantly, but how can I do that when they share a room?
Baby wont go to sleep alone, and when she wakes up in the night (which she does alot) we cant get her back to sleep without cuddling for AGES!!She cries loads and wakes up eldest.
Really dont know what to do, they have to share a room, there is no other option.
Someone please help, we are all so tired!!!
missanimal
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:30 am 
Post subject:
wow, no one can help obviously! My problem is no better, I am at the end of my tether. Please someone out there must have some bit of wisdom for me to try!!!! I need to sleep so badly.
avfcgal
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:44 pm 
Post subject:
cant help, me my oh and two kids am all in one room, at my oh parents, and it is really hard, our daughter is sharing a bed with us

Clairebell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:40 pm 
Post subject:
Have you asked your Health Visitor for advice. Ours was really helpful when we had problems with Georges bedtime.

Is your Baby teething that may be the problem. Is there someone your eldest could stay with fro a few days whilst you try and get Baby to sleep better?
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:21 pm 
Post subject:
Does older one wake up when younger one does in the night?

If not, then maybe try leaving lo in cot and patting to sleep. Will take a while first time but wont take as long the more they get used to the idea they are not gonne be got out of bed.

Another lady on here used the method on the advice of her health visitor to help cut out feeds over night. She now has a bubba who sleeps through and when does wakes self soothes and now she also can just walk out the room at bedtime. So worth a go and i believe it only took a few days to get there.

MAndy x

Jump to:  

Community

Popular