OH rant!

KathG
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:46 pm 
Post subject: OH rant!
My husband is driving me nuts. Soz to moan but need to get a few things out and dont want to talk to friends or family because dont want them to think badly of him.

We got married two months ago and since then (and maybe a little before) its like he has stopped trying and just started acting like a moody teenager. He never thinks about me or does anything nice (the odd wee I love you text). Tonight I let our LO have some nappy off time before putting his PJs on, just to get some air round his skin.... anyway I noticed he had done a wee because the back of his vest was wet. We were walking round the livingroom trying to find the wee but couldnt see anything - I thought this was funny. Just the fact that we were looking for a wee. Anyways he starts moaning about how I need to stop this and he should be getting changed upstairs on his changing table and nowhere else, the whole house will stink of pee and its will be my fault, maybe it was the way I was brought up but it wasnt acceptable to him. bla bla. So I had a go at him back told him to get a grip it wasnt a big deal then it was tit for tat insults back and forth. Now I just feel angry and fed up.

Now we have started arguing over christmas. I work roughly every second year. This year I will be working so he is taking our baby to his mums. On boxing day my family have always had a big get together and he is going to take the baby this year (I am working boxing day too). Now he is saying next year will be his families turn for boxing day, but his family have never down anything on boxing day so why pick that day to spend with them could have said christmas eve. With me working I have little time with my family over the festive season as it is and he is trying to take half of all furture boxing days away just because he thinks he can. He has never went out his way to see his familiy on boxing day up until now. makes me think I have married a monster who doesnt care about me my feelings of what I want.
RacheynHarry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:32 pm 
Post subject:
Ah hun, its difficult sometimes isnt it.

I let Harry have no nappy time everyday and I tell DH to shove off if he thinks its wrong. I always say that it doesnt matter if he has a wee while he doesnt have a nappy on cause we havent got carpets in the front room and to be honest, you can just mop it up. Harry keeps taking his nappy off anyway so as long as the bedroom doors are shut I dont mind.

With Christmas I dont have to worry cause we always spend it with my mum. DH parents live with his Nan and they are normally doing stuff with her that we arent included in so I've never had to worry.

Deep breaths hun xx

xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:48 pm 
Post subject:
Completely agree with you leaving the nappy off for short periods of time. It is healthy to do so, and helps prevent against nappy rash.

As for christmas, it's a tough one. I can see both sides of it. I completely understand that you have to work and don't see your family much, but relationships are all about compromise, and sharing. If you were to go to his family for boxing day next year, could you not spend Christmas day with your family? We take it in turns every year. One year we spend christmas day at my parents, and boxing day at his parents, then the next year we spend christmas day with his, and boxing day with mine. Yes it does mean I miss out on seeing some of my family on boxing day, but I understand that OH has family to see too. Sorry if that sounds a bit harsh.

Make up before you go to sleep, you'll always feel better for it.

xx

Clairebell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:35 pm 
Post subject:
My OH went a bit like this a while ago. We had a proper deep and meaningful,lots of tears (mostly me). I told him that just because he'd got me didn't mean he had to stop making the effort to keep me. Things have been so much better since then. I have also been making more of an effort not to snap and take things the wrong way.

Jump to:  

Community

Popular