Twice in one month!?

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:51 am 
Post subject: Twice in one month!?
So it appears after a few weeks my daughter has gastroenteritis again!! How is this possible.
Anyway the reason for my post is I was wondering if I should pull her out of nursery because although I'm aware she needsto build and immune system I am still I'm the early days of pregnancy so really don't want to keep picking things up off her. I want to wait until I'm past 12 weeks before my flu jab and I'm frightened I'll catch it by then at this rate. I know it seems a bit drastic to pull her out but it's hard enough suffering from morning sickness and looking after a healthy toddler let alone looking after a sick one being ill myself on top of the floors of early pregnancy. I really felt I can't take much more. Really wish I waited until summer to ttc now Sad

fifitrixibelle
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:55 am 
Post subject:
do u mean pull her from nursery coz she's sick or permanently coz you're pregnant? she shouldn't be in if she has gastro bug but I think she needs to be there despite your pregnancy if anything when you are feeling better you will need the time by yourself before baby comes.

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:48 am 
Post subject:
Yeh I meant permanently or at least until bug season is over
Caught her bug last time which caused a pv bleed. Scared its going to happen again xx

dellabobella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:48 am 
Post subject:
I wouldn't pull her out. When I was pregnant with Alice my other three had a sickness bug which lasted about a month and a half between them all as they kept reinfecting each other. It was because Adam had just started nursery and was picking everything up I think. I only picked it up myself once so maybe you will be the same?

fifitrixibelle
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:18 am 
Post subject:
I agree with della I don't think you should pull ava from nursery. I'm pretty sure although correct me if I'm wrong I don't think the vomiting bug is actually any threat to your pregnancy apart from fluids and feeling [*@!#%*] I don't think it poses any risk and I think it's really important for to develop a routine wth ava now before new baby comes rather than new baby arriving and her being sent off to nursery then mad everything changing then.

wannaBmummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:11 am 
Post subject:
I wouldn't really pull her out, I think you would have to give a month notice or you would still have to pay which would be wasted money.

Belle caught so many bugs when she was at nursery, then i started her on a multi vitamin and things seemed to get a lot better, she is starting pre school in january and I can't wait! Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular