Can't make my mind up!

Clairebell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:40 pm 
Post subject: Can't make my mind up!
I never used to be indecisive but I get so confused over Baby things, there is sooooo much choice.

George needs will need a new car seat soon. Weight limit 12kg, he's 11kg so time is short ish. I just even know where to start.

Got to get a stair gate and that's confusing me as well.

Any one else feel like this?
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:15 pm 
Post subject:
For stair gates you cant go wrong with Lindam ones. Often Asda have them in their baby events.

I had wall mounted to start but it took 3 of us ages to get it up straight and my daughter still pulled it off, so went with pressure fix.

with car seats if you go to mothercare they can tell you which ones fit your car (you dont have to buy from them Laughing ) i would go with one that reclines as he is still quite young and will probably sleep in the car.

Shellm
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:24 pm 
Post subject:
You will have to measure the width of your stairs. We had to buy fixed stair gates because the pressure ones were too wide for our stairs. Check out your local sure start centre, they often give you safety things for free.
I got the maxi cosi axiss car seat. It rotates 90 degrees to get your lo in and out easily. I love it.

Lilly777
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:37 am 
Post subject:
I had the same thing happen as Steph, we fitted a pressure type baby gate (I stupidly didn't want holes drilling into my hall walls!) and 10 mins after me and OH finished struggling to get the thing straight our LO ran at it, shook at it and the thing came off!! Had to take it back and get a proper one. I would never put a pressure one actually at the top of the stairs after that!

With regards to the car seat I was totally confused like you so we went into Mothercare and then Halfords to ask for advice. They were really great and very helpful and both seemed to give the same kind of answers and advice. We bought our seat from Halfords in the end as they fitted it when we did.

xx[/u]
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:30 pm 
Post subject:
I also would avoid a pressure gate at the top of the stairs, I was at a friends a few weeks ago, she's in a first floor flat, and LO pushed the stair gate off the wall and fell down the stairs.

I've got the ones that screw into the wall, they're also better because there's no trip hazard at the bottom like the pressure gates.

15.08.09 Gone but never forgotten
An angel in the book of life wrote down my baby's birth, then whispered as she closed the book "Too beautiful for Earth"
Clairebell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:36 pm 
Post subject:
Off for a trip to mothercare tomorrow, never thought to go to Halfords.

We won't be able to have wall fixed stair gates as there is no wall at the bottom and our house is very old and the top wall is not secure enough.

Jump to:  

Community

Popular