arrrgghh mother in laws

mrsLA
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:31 am 
Post subject: arrrgghh mother in laws
Anyone else have a problem with mother in laws mine seems to slag me off to the hubby every so often .... n he fell out with her the other day because of it dont get me wrong shes lovely most of the time anyway hubny said lifes to short and wants to make amends but im still debating weather to let her see my 3month old. When i was pregnant there was an incidentbin ehich she kicked me out when we lived with her because she slagged my brothers off n it upset me so i spoke to my cousinwo then thought my sister knew and it got back to them...i can never forgive her for that.

Please what do i do?
wannaBmummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:45 am 
Post subject:
My MIL drives me mad, she always criticises me but in a sweetly sweetly way so to me I can see she is having a dig but OH always says I am getting the wrong end of the stick etc.

But I have been with my hubby since we were 13 and very earl on when I moaned to my Mum about MIL my Mum would always say not to cause trouble and just suck it up because at the end of the day she will always be his Mum and putting him in the middle of the two of you isn't fair.

So I am always very nice to her and always talk nicely about her to OH even when she drives me nuts! I really don't agree with stopping grandparents from seeing their grandchildren as a sort of punishment for some falling out between the two of you. Unless it is something serious regarding the children's safety etc i don't think children should be used as a weapon or bribe.

LianneJane5687
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:37 am 
Post subject:
I agree,
I don't think you should stop her seeing your child because you and her have fallen out. It would be different if your childs health was at risk or she's not following your rules when looking after the child etc

mrsLA
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:42 am 
Post subject:
thanks girls just needed a rant but your right Smile
dellabobella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:01 pm 
Post subject:
Ahhh mother in laws. I think I'm quite lucky as mostly my OHs mum is nice and supportive. Like the others said I wouldn't stop her seeing the kids as that isn't fair but if she's being horrible that then doesn't mean you have to have much to do with her.

Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:32 pm 
Post subject:
I've sometimes considered divorcing my hubby just to never have to see my inlaws again Rolling Eyes Laughing
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:47 pm 
Post subject:
I call mine the 'outlaws' Laughing Laughing
Mine are good really. My own mum and dad live in the rep of Ireland so I don't se them often. When we had our first they were awful, telling us what to do and how to do it. We both stuck to our guns. Now we have 4 they go with what we say and do stick with it.
They have helped us out with money and stuff, which we are really grateful.
Stick to your guns with how you want things done, remember you can't choose your family
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:03 pm 
Post subject:
My mil has spells.. she can be really nice one day and the next snappy and rude.. but we live next door to each other.. i have no escape! haha. but i used to get annoyed till i realised if i carried on being nice when she was in a bad mood with me annoyed her even more and makes me feel that teeny bit better hehe. the kids used to go around all the time and in summer i cant escape her cos we 'share' a back garden and i live outside when its warm..but since it got cold charlie doesnt want to go around as much which means lewis doesnt either.. i have to say though they help us out an awful lot, money wise/babysitting whenever and if we want to go somewhere (we dont have a car atm) so i cant complain too much. and i think my fil is ace, i get on with him fantastically. Smile

Jump to:  

Community

Popular