The Impossible - tsunami movie

wannaBmummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:33 pm 
Post subject: The Impossible - tsunami movie
I don't know if you ladies have seen the new trailer for the Hollywood film The Impossible? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bgw394ZKsis Just the trailer gave me goosebumps, but I'm not sure if I think every story needs to be made into a money spinning hollywood blockbuster, is it a little class-less?
I agree that some stories deserve to be told, but the actual 'true' story behind this film was about a spanish family, why does it have to be westernised? Why do the characters have to be white and english speaking to be able to relate to?

Just thinking out loud really, not sure how i feel about it?

RacheynHarry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:28 pm 
Post subject:
I agree, not everything needs to be made into a film. I know I definately wont be watching it. I still have nightmares that its going to happen in this country (although I know it isnt likely at all) and I wake up crying cause I cant save all my loved ones

wannaBmummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:35 pm 
Post subject:
I don't think I would be able to watch it. I remember a few weeks after Isabelle was born there was a brilliant documentary about it and a couple were explaining how they lost their 5 year old daughter (also called Isabelle) I remember the Mum saying that her daughter had learnt to swim the week before on their holiday and she was clinging onto the hope that she had learnt enough to survive.
It was really harrowing and i still remember it very vividly now, so sad, I just don't think it needs to be made into a glossy film, i would much rather see real documentary about it.

dellabobella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:59 pm 
Post subject:
I don't want to see this either. When we went to see Breaking Dawn last weekend this was on in the trailers and I actually found it really depressing and then had a nightmare about it in the night. I can't see how it would be entertaining at all, just really depressing.

Lilly777
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:09 pm 
Post subject:
I couldn't watch this, I've watched the documentarys and they were harrowing.......I could pay to go to the cinema for enjoyment to watch a film like this.

It's like the movies they've made in the wake of 9/11, I don't really agree with them at all. I watched that Passenger film once (about the plane that was heading to the Pentagon and crashed in the field), it was horrible Crying or Very sad

xx
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:09 am 
Post subject:
Well I won't be watching it. We're heading to that part of the world at Easter and it will just make me worry

wannaBmummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:18 pm 
Post subject:
libertytmk wrote:
Well I won't be watching it. We're heading to that part of the world at Easter and it will just make me worry

Yeah probably for the best to avoid it!!
I just really hate the fact that they have changed the nationality of the family. I would be really offended if that was my true story and it wasn't deemed 'Hollywood' enough because I wasn't white or spoke Spanish.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular