1cm dilated + plug loss

finlayx
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:04 pm 
Post subject: 1cm dilated + plug loss
Hi everyone,
I'm 38 weeks pregnant. On Friday I had a vaginal examination and was told that I'm 1cm dilated, I've since lost my mucus plug too. Today I went to for a check up with my midwife, however, because while I was there I didn't experience any regular tightenings, she wasn't able to give me another vaginal examination and so I'm unsure of whether or not I've dilated anymore. How much longer will I be waiting for my labour to start? What things can I try to start it off? I feel as though I've tried everything - sex, hot baths, hot curry, birthing ball, long walks, raspberry leaf tea, pineapple juice. Had lots of pain and tightenings but nothing too regular.
All opinions / advice / experiences welcome Smile x
Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:19 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya. I'm afraid loosing your plug doesn't mean much..it may be a while yet before anything else happens. I did go into labour the day I lost my plug with my first..but I've known others not actually go into labour until weeks after looking their plug.
Just do as your doing and try and keep as active e as you can Smile and hopefully gravity will help you dilate some more.
Good luck x
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:33 pm 
Post subject:
The fact that you were already 1cm dilated is a positive sign, but it could just be the start of slow labour, I lost my plug at 40 weeks and didn't give birth until 42+2. I was 2cm dilated at 41 weeks.
theres no way of saying how long it will be but i would get walking as much as you can to help it out.

XxNOAHnELIJAHxX
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:25 pm 
Post subject:
Arh hun its all a waiting game isnt it, on the positive side of it have dilated. I lost my plug 2 days b4 I went into labour. I did go on long walks and was constantly on my birthing ball and the last thing i ate on b4 going into labour was a fry up Laughing.

I hope you dont have to wait too long

My beautiful little men filling up my world x
LianneJane5687
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:37 pm 
Post subject:
I was 1cm at 39+5 and i ended up being induced at 40+5 and was still only 1cm

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:22 am 
Post subject:
I was 1cm and having irregular tightenings a weeks before i went into labour. then i was in 'early' labour for over 24 hours with no change, and only progressed to 4cm 2 1/2 hours before she was born!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular