A bit morbid ...

youcanhumpmyleg
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:14 pm 
Post subject: A bit morbid ...
How many of u have life insurance ? Im the main bread winner at the moment, but would like to think if anything happened to me my family would b provided for for a little while .....weird i know but just come across a post on Facebook and it got me thinking !!! I feel like I'd jinx my self getting it lol !!
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:08 am 
Post subject:
i have it, my mum set it up when i had Harry lol and said 'sign this and this amount will come out of ur bank every month' lol, its a bit morbid but a good idea Smile x
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:32 am 
Post subject:
Both myself and my husband have life cover.

If either of us dies then the mortgage will be paid off, the one that's left won't need to work and will be able to comfortably live and looks after the children without having to worry about working.

It's just peace of mind ....of course we hope we never have to cash it in, but the thought of having to cope without one or other of us is unbearable enough without having to worry about how to feed the kids and keep a roof over our heads.

Yes ...its morbid ....but it does need thinking about.

15.08.09 Gone but never forgotten
An angel in the book of life wrote down my baby's birth, then whispered as she closed the book "Too beautiful for Earth"
Pen81
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:11 am 
Post subject:
We both have it. Had our wills done too years ago. It's not nice, but you only have to sit down and make sure it's done once (takes about half an hour or something if I remember correctly, don't quote me on it though haha) and you're sorted.
No one wants to think about it, but just get it over and done with, put it away safe and you never really think about it anymore. Wink
emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:05 pm 
Post subject:
Both me and Hubby have life cover. Ive had it from age 18 (i think) Mine is actually the axa sunlife thing where you pay into it for 15 yrs thn get money back with interest at the end of it, during that time you have life cover. Its not much but in the event of my death i know chris wont have to worry about the cost of a funeral ect.

last yr i also got us one of those wills you do yourself, weve not filled the out yet though. Laughing

libertytmk
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:23 pm 
Post subject:
We both do and wills.

youcanhumpmyleg
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:32 pm 
Post subject:
omg haha so many replys ! think i may look into this life cover then ! and yes never thought about it covering my funeral its actually quite a good idea... haha. o gosh never thought id be thinking of this at 25!!
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:06 pm 
Post subject:
We've got life insurance to cover the mortgage but then once we had Emilia we took out an extra policy so that if one of us dies then the mortgage would be paid but also we'd have some money to live on one wage. X x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular