How often should the health visitor visit?

Jup
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:58 pm 
Post subject: How often should the health visitor visit?
Hi I last saw the health visitor 2 months ago (when my baby was 5 1/2 month old). But she never said when she'd visit again. Just wondered how often your health visitor visits when baby is over 6 months old.
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:10 pm 
Post subject:
My hv only came out for the first couple of weeks then I went to clinic once a week then once a fortnight. After her 8 month check I only went if we were already at the doctors.

Faerydae
Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:25 am 
Post subject:
my HV hasn't come out since LO was 3 months old and I don't think she'll be out until he's about 8 months.... are they supposed to see them around 6 months?? confused now! haha
Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:23 pm 
Post subject:
Faerydea I don't know. My HV has visited 4 times (once at 2 weeks old. Then 1.5 months old, 2.5 months old and 5.5 months). She didn't arrange a visit after the last appointment, she just said 'bye' and I've not heard from her since.
Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:01 pm 
Post subject:
havnt they given you information on baby clinics? mine wrote it in my red book, and then when i moved the new HV gave me details of the clinics, and said that she didnt need to see me again, but I could always pop in or phone if i needed her, and Sam was 2 then!

when she was born i saw the mw for the first 10 days, then hv at 2 and 3 weeks, then she told me to go to clinic.

they usually have a 7-9 month development check, but this varies on area and can be anywhere from 6-12 months. for mine i just got an appointment through the post.

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:34 pm 
Post subject:
My hv came when we're about 10 day's old then invited me to come to clinic for weighing/any issues. We had to go there for 6 week check and for 7/8 month check. But she came to us for Lewis 2.5yr check. We dont really go anymore but I know o can goevery weds if I needed to Smile xx
Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:17 pm 
Post subject:
steph181 wrote:
havnt they given you information on baby clinics? mine wrote it in my red book, and then when i moved the new HV gave me details of the clinics, and said that she didnt need to see me again, but I could always pop in or phone if i needed her, and Sam was 2 then!

when she was born i saw the mw for the first 10 days, then hv at 2 and 3 weeks, then she told me to go to clinic.

they usually have a 7-9 month development check, but this varies on area and can be anywhere from 6-12 months. for mine i just got an appointment through the post.

ah thanks for that Smile yeah there is a baby clinic that I take him to to be weighed and discuss any issues but wasn't sure if he was meant to have a check around 6 months after seeing this haha Smile
Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:17 pm 
Post subject:
Mine only came once at about 10 days now I only see her at clinic.

You'll get a letter for the 3, 6 and 8 month check.

Terri xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular