When do you start thinking of names?

MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:56 pm 
Post subject: When do you start thinking of names?
Just curious really?
With Samuel we started thinking very early on, but we were at least pregnant! With Pudding, we've already thought of a girl's name (well - narrowed it to three)... though we are struggling for a boy... and we did that as soon as Samuel was born - before we were even trying for Pudding!
Yet I know some people don't have a name for baby even when it arrives!

So - when did/do/will you all start thinking of names for baby?
x

MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:50 pm 
Post subject:
Last time we had a short list of girls and one name for a boy until she was born. This time we had girl ideas before 20 week scan (we were convinced it was a girl) and had named her by 21 weeks... mainly to help with the bonding for both me and Evie during the pregnancy.

Just hope she matches her name when she comes out now Laughing

xx

RacheynHarry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:52 pm 
Post subject:
We've had out name for a couple of weeks. I couldnt think of any names until after the 20 week scan cause I wanted to know what we were having. We arent telling anyone though cause I dont want them to start calling Jellybean by the name until he comes out. Well I say that but I did tell my mum and my nosey sister sneakily found a piece of paper where I had been trying out spellings lol.

lysianassa
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:23 pm 
Post subject:
With Sebastian it was straight away. Told OH that I was going to call him Sebastian but he could choose the Chinese name. With this one, I chose the girl's name I had for Sebastian but as you know, I chose the Chinese meaning so he's not had a look in this time Laughing I'm such a cow but tough Laughing

But I have a feeling this one for you is going to be another little boy. I'm 99% always right Very Happy

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:20 am 
Post subject:
Straight away here lol. I have a name for if it's a girl but struggling for a boy.. My oh likes a name and I said he can decide if it's a boy cos I already have the 2 boys names I like! Lol x
Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:01 am 
Post subject:
I have my names already!! Very Happy and probably wont be trying again for a few years, got 5 years till I hit 35 and as long as I have another by then or on the way I will be happy!

but they are

Esme
Henry

OH doesn't like either Rolling Eyes but got time to work on it lol! xx

pepperpot
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:26 pm 
Post subject:
I'd have Henry too (especially as my mil hates the name!) but not sure for a girl as Sophie is the only name I like! Oh doesn't want anymore so need to work on him first before I think of names! Laughing

emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:30 pm 
Post subject:
we've got a girls name already Laughing

We did have a boys name when pg with Belle but im not as keen on it now, trying to get oh to agree on a boys name at the moment.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular