anyone know much about ivf and 2ww

wheels22
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:46 pm 
Post subject: anyone know much about ivf and 2ww
am 45 after being advised I was too old for IVF had two "top grade" eggs that fertilised "beautifully" four cell on day two and they transferrred both back into me on day two after EC.

Have had various cramps, really sore boobs probably due to the progesterone but now on day 11 post transfer am feeling like AF coming and had very very minute bit of blood. Should I be worrying?

Also despite being told not to do it, have done several HPTs all negative to date but am told its too early to detect. When would an HPT show?

My hospital test due on Monday 11th week today.

So so worried that my AF is coming.

Anyone had any similar symptoms, and is it really bad prognosis cos of my age?
littlecherubs1973
Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:57 pm 
Post subject:
I think it's too early to detect by a urine test. However symptoms are supposed to show up 5-7 days post transfer. Unfortunately the symptoms of af appearing and really early stages of pregnancy are hard to separate.

As much as it is absolute torture all you can do is wait until your blood test next Monday.

Yous should join the IVF/ICSI...thread on here...loads of info on there from us all at differing stages of our IVF cycles.

Good luck with the test!
LCx
wheels22
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:04 pm 
Post subject:
Hi LC

Thank you so much for responding so quickly and you are right the symptoms are very similar. It's just so awful the wait but only got six days left now so got through the most of the 2WW.

Do you know when would be the soonest I could do HPT?

I am so impatient and driving my dear partner insane, bless him.
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:27 am 
Post subject:
Hi Wheels, in my opinion Id say a test would be accurate when you are the equivalent of 14dpo or there abouts. In my cycles I've had 5 day blastocysts replaced and test date has always been 9 days later so I presume thats how they work it out. So if you had a 2 day transfer then count 12 days from when you had transfer done and that would give you an accurate test date. Best of luck. Feel free to come join us on the ivf/icsi/iui thread Smile
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:39 am 
Post subject:
thanks for that.

today is day 14 after EC on Tuesday 19 Feb just done test and was negative.

worse thing is that since 2am this morning have had really really bad cramps had tiny bit of blood last night but no more blood as yet.

not sure if it is the progesterone pessary causing this?

So worried that it may all be over.

Taken couple of paracetamol, first time in 2ww as wanted to give the little embies every chance.

should I be downhearted?

thanks for your help
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular