Need Help Interpreting SA Results!

ruthbunbury
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:00 pm 
Post subject: Need Help Interpreting SA Results!
Hello,
My husband recently had a SA done at 9 months post op and received the following results: 21 million sperm/ml, 80% moving, 70% normal shapes. Can anyone tell me whether these are good results or not? At nine months out will his results continue to improve. And if they will, will the increase be at a faster rate. We have been ttc for about 9 months (as of January) with no luck! I am worried!

Thank You!
Ruth

http://www.babycenter.ca/thread/195555/need-help-interpreting-sa-results#ixzz2IFEWzKFt Confused Confused
JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:20 pm 
Post subject:
HI,
Id say the count was pretty low - unless it was 21 million per ml? The motility and morphology sound good though. Did they say what the liquifaction time was? It should be around 20-30 mins....

Your Dr should really interpret the results for you as it can be quite confusing...

Oh sorry - yes i see its per ml. Very good then - he'll think hes superstud! Laughing Thats if they are swimming in the right direction.... You know men dont ask for directions....

x

Our baby Eleanor lost 6 Apr 10
ruthbunbury
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:15 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for the info Julie! Out doctor has been a bit aloof in terms of giving us info on his results. It is frustrating because we aren't experts in any way! We have been trying for so long and I was worried that the results were infact poor or maybe it was me that needed a bit of help! Thanks for giving me some hope to keep trying!

x
Ruth
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:31 pm 
Post subject:
They are good results. The amount of sperm per ml expected varies, some say 15million, some say 20 million which your husbands exceeds so that's good.

80% forward moving is brilliant on the motility side too. They look for either 25% A(fast moving) or a combined 50% A + B(Bs move forward just not as fast as As).

70% normal forms is good too although I can't remember the limits.

All in all, I'd say there was nothing wrong at all with these figures from your husbands sample. Liquefaction within 60mins is normal. There will be a PH measurement too but I'd imagine this would be normal or the other results would be affected.

Jump to:  

Community

Popular