I think i might end up insane!

jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:53 pm 
Post subject: I think i might end up insane!
My OH was given temporary lay off starting from today. Don't know how long it will be. He said its usually 13 weeks! He is hoping to get some temporary work but for now obviously he has been at home. Its been one whole day and i am almost tearing my hair out! All we have done all day is argue. Granted it was a more stressful day than usual what with the boys beds coming and having to get their rooms cleared and the beds put together but he has literally done nothing but moan at me, make everything out to be my fault and DEMANDING i go and get a job "for a change" which i am so annoyed about cos its like i don't do anything! He went out this afternoon and bought a box of beers, and has been sat playing his stupid xbox all night and talking on it really loudly. Its like hes reverted to being a teenager! I can see me having a breakdown tbh. The thought of this for 13 weeks (if not more!) makes me want to cry. Sorry for the rant but feeling really down about this and feel as if i'm trapped with him at home thinking he is allowed to behave like this and i have to just put up with it.

LianneJane5687
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:06 pm 
Post subject:
Really sorry to hear this hun.
Maybe tomorrow when things have calmed down a bit, sit him down and have a talk about it and explain how you feel.

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:28 am 
Post subject:
Ny oh is as bad.. When hes home he winds me up no end.. He had 3 days off sick the other week cos of his asthma and working in a cold warehouse was making him worse.. And all he did was slob around moan and play Xbox/go on the pc.. For some reason hes been in a bad mood ever since... Haha. Hope it was just a one off cos it was so chaotic.. Xxxx[/i][/code]
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:41 am 
Post subject:
Is he signed up with agencies? If Adam ever gets laid of or a contract ends he usually gets some agency work pretty quickly but you've got to keep on at them or they forget about you. Only problem with that is if you're just starting with an agency they aren't going to give you the better jobs I suppose. He can't expect to sit around for 13 weeks can he? That would drive me mad too. If Adam ever gets out of work and he's home a few days that's when we end up having arguments. As for you getting a job he's just being ridiculous. You've been caring for the kids for the past few years and have had a gap in working whereas he hasn't so it would be much harder for you to get back into work and I bet a few weeks at home with the boys and he would change his mind pretty sharpish!

dellabobella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:42 am 
Post subject:
Also what a poo time to be laid off :/ Hope you are all going to be okay.

jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:17 am 
Post subject:
Thanks ladies x

Della, he isnt signed up to an agency but hes a painter so hes hoping to get some people wanting their houses painted before christmas and a mate of his has work painting a new hotel and he has said he'll give up a few shifts for him. He has been asking around everyone he knows that are painters of any work going so dont think its so much he expects to sit on his bum for 3 months but more he resents the fact that he has to go out and work and i have the excuse of the kids (he sees it as an excuse not me!) I've been up since half 7 with the kids and hes still in bed. He has a cold atm too which is making him even more annoying as he acts like hes dying and makes as much moans and groans about it as he can. Wish he could just die quietly lol
Yeah it is really cr@p at this time of year but in his line of work thats when the work dries up due to bad weather Sad he got laid off right before i had the boys in 2010 as well but luckily escaped it last year.

Faerydae
Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:28 am 
Post subject:
oh dear, I can feel for you, when my OH has just half a day off due to working late the previous day I end up tearing my hair out through arguments, couldn't imagine 13 weeks!

What is it about them being home when they're not usually??

hope things look up for you soon
Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:15 pm 
Post subject:
I dont envy you at all hun. Im dreading neil being off on paternity leave cos im pretty sure he will more tired than me, i will more than likely end up doing everthing as per an having to sit an watch him on the playstation all day. Im really dreading it now ive wrote it down Laughing

Hopefully he gets some work really soon an gets out your hair for a while Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular