Champagne

lysianassa
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:39 pm 
Post subject: Champagne
Quick question - would any of you be happy/content if someone gave you a bottle of real champagne (not the cheapy supermarket stuff) or would you not be interested? I have a couple of people I need to get extra presents for but its so hard to get them anything and I just thought that champagne might be the answer. Question

jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:32 pm 
Post subject:
I think it would be a lovely gift, as long as you know the person is into wine, champagne, etc. Someone who prefers spirits might appreciate a good bottle of vodka, whiskey, etc more (whatever their preference) x

Faerydae
Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:49 pm 
Post subject:
I agree with Jenna, just find out there fave tipple and get em a bottle of that Smile
Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:55 pm 
Post subject:
i dont like champagne, so would be feel bad that someone had spent that sort of money on something i didnt like.

personally i would be happy with a bottle of cheap pink fizzy wine Very Happy

lysianassa
Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:45 pm 
Post subject:
This is the problem that I have - I don't know what their favourite drinks are and as they are couples its harder to find stuff *bangs head against the table* Sad

Bella83
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:03 pm 
Post subject:
Jacobs creek do lovely fizzy wine drink....i.can't remember what its called I'll Google - bit its lush and i haven't come across.anyone who doesn't like it yet !

Bella83
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:10 pm 
Post subject:
It is simply called Jacobs creek sparkling rose. Its about £12/£13 a bottle which is not really expensive i don't think, but.it really is so nice & a lovely gift (it was bought.for me as a gift) & a great bottle to pop open on new years Very Happy

xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:06 pm 
Post subject:
I LOVE champagne but when OH bought me a really posh bottle a few years ago (£100 Shocked ) I didn't appreciate it as much as I should because he could have got a lot more for that kind of money in my opinion. It is a lovely idea if they like champagne, but as someone else said they'd feel bad if you spent a lot and they didn't like it.

xx

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:26 pm 
Post subject:
Bella83 wrote:
It is simply called Jacobs creek sparkling rose. Its about £12/£13 a bottle which is not really expensive i don't think, but.it really is so nice & a lovely gift (it was bought.for me as a gift) & a great bottle to pop open on new years Very Happy

thats what I usually have for special occasions, and would love it if someone bought me a bottle

MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:48 pm 
Post subject:
I have to say - I would try find out if they like it - champagne seems to be a bit of the marmite drink - either love or hate it. I hate it personally and have a rather gorgeous bottle of Harrod's champagne in our cupboard from our wedding that will be opened probably at our next wedding anniversary ( we were a bit busy for our first one ) where I know there will be other people to drink it because me and DH certainly wont! Smile Failing that - it'll be taken along to a birthday event or similar because again - no point opening it for just me and DH!

If they are champagne drinkers though - it is a lovely idea as someone already said - it's a special occassion drink, bubbly and celebratory and nice to give as a gift Smile

xxx

lysianassa
Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:31 am 
Post subject:
I've since found out that only one of them actually likes champagne and the other couple doesn't like it so I guess that idea is off the table.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular