rant

mrsLA
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:04 pm 
Post subject: rant
hey girlies i recently made a post about mother in laws well no she's really annoyed me by critising my parenting as if im doing it wrong....my 17 week old daughter is teething and has bad nappy rash i mentioned it when i went to the doctors on friday and she said keep using nappy cream as it wasnt severe enough for her to give me something...mil offered to look after her while i went to a party for a few hours and i said to her when dropping her off when you change her nappy can you plaster her in cream its in her changing bag and there was no issue yet just 2 and 2 a half hours later (min always brings her back when she cries because she says she cant settle her, so never has her over night )saying im bringing her back...luckily hubby was home...and she turned round to him and said well my kids never had nappy rash because i always put vasaline on....so hubby told her the doctor said alot of babies get it when they are teething but from what i can gather she was quite snotty about it...its really annoyed me because hubby was going to have her but then she offered and i couldnt exactly say no...really upset me because it feels as if shes trying to make out i do a rubbish job despite the health visitor saying what a fantastic job we were doing Sad
XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:28 pm 
Post subject:
Sounds like she's bitter her childbearing days are over and she sounds like a bloody control freak! Your not doing a bafflingjob as some babies get alsorts of rashes for lots of different reasons. It has no reflection on you as a mother. I'm sure you do a fantastic job and if health visitor has said so then just tell you mil to p iss off lol

Sounds like she wants an excuse to pick at you for whatever reason. My old mil was a [*CENSORED*] like that but didn't have any kids so it's a bit different but she always had a bloody opinion and her mum was even worse. I vow to never be like that if I have a dil in future

Hope you feel better soon xx

mrsLA
Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:40 pm 
Post subject:
nice to know someone gets me lol. she is...ill never be good enough for her darling son either. she used to have my daughter every monday night as a bit if a break for me and the hubby but now she just gives her back a few hours later with the excuse i cant calm her down...she thinks shes finished with a bottle when shes clearly hungry still. so i gave up seeing if she was having her overnight...my sister does quite regularly and she has a 1 and 3 year old and she copes but mil says she has no patients with her grandchild even though its her first...every opportunity she can slag me off to people she does even tries to with the hubby :'( and when i was about 6/7 months pregnant she kicked me out because she said something she shouldnt have and it got out,

its pretty much all since she got with her new husband they've only been together a year in feb but its as if she cant be bothered now shes got him...but im convinced shes never liked me.....id love to tell her where to go but wouldnt be fair on hubby :S
keltru
Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:13 pm 
Post subject:
Emilia had nappy rash with every tooth that she got no matter how often she was changed, what creams I used or if I left her nappy off even. The health visitor told me that when teething their poo gets more acidic so can burn the skin as soon as it touches. I knew as soon as Emilia had a runny nose and nappy rash that another tooth was on the way. Don't let your mil make you feel bad - it's a recognised symptom of teething, just some kids get it and others don't. X x

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:30 pm 
Post subject:
Every baby is different I did the same thing with both my boys yet Charlie never got asleep nappy rash and Lewis used to bleed he got it that bad.. Your mil sounds very bitter.. And plus how does she remembers what she did with her babies? My mil used to make comments like that and her 'babies' were over 20.. cant hardly rem emb er what I did 5 years ago let alone 20 years ago. Smile xx
Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:54 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks just makes me feel [*@!#%*]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular