sterilisation reversal advice wanted

chiko
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:17 pm 
Post subject: sterilisation reversal advice wanted
hi all my name is dee and im 39 will be 40 in march 2013 i am looking to have a reversal done as my oh has no children and we so want a baby together i was sterilized when i was 23 as was in a very violent relationship and had 2 beautiful girls by this man and did not want to bring more babies into that enviroment i left him after 17yrs of hell to a yr later meeting my soul mate who is 12 yrs younger then me but you would'nt think so as i act younger then him lol but i would like to know would a reversal work as i aint no spring chicken lol i was sterilized using clip method x
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:50 am 
Post subject:
Chiko the reversal seems to work better for younger women and time since the sterilisation can be a factor as well ? IVF can be a good alternative for us slightly older women as the state of your tubes doesn't matter and obviously with all the drugs you get more eggs than on a natural cycle so more chance of one being fertilised Smile Plus you can get started straight away and always know whats happening, you may get enough embyro's to freeze as well to do a frozen cycle later ,if you wanted another or if the first go didn't work. Both have their pro's and cons, but I can't think of any Ladies 40 or above who have actually got pregnant from the reversal alone ? I could be wrong and there may have been one before I came on here but I can't remember one Question
I'd get consulatations for both perhaps and see how you feel then ,good luck xx
LHC, I have given up Sad the scarring is at my reversal site and the wire couldn't budge it , they did try I was in there for ages really but no luck and I've been told its permanent and irreversible, an op to remove it would just cause more damage ,and scarring doesn't just clear up on its own, IVF isn't an option now so thats it, its over Crying or Very sad This first AF after the Op was horrible as I went into it thinking we'd be TTC and maybe getting a BFP so when it became obvious the AF was on her way it really hit home it was all over, but I've accepted it now and I hope I can move on Smile
Good luck with TTC hope it happens soon for you xx
chiko
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:24 pm 
Post subject:
thank you for your reply think i will look into both and see what we decide xxxx
tashamo3
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:16 pm 
Post subject:
Hi

I was sterilised back in 2005 when I was 25 I had it reversed in 2008 they used the clip method on me too I have to say I would not recommend having the reversal after an ectopic pregnancy resultin in losing my right tube and 4 miscarriages I wish I had never wasted all that money and instead put it towards IVF which we are now doing through egg share. My advice would be not to bother and to just go for the IVF instead.

xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular