Feeling selfish

xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:00 pm 
Post subject: Feeling selfish
We were at a party last night and I'm convinced one of the girls wasn't drinking. I know it sounds really really awful, as I've finally got my BFP that I wanted, but I still want it to be MY turn to be pregnant for a bit, before someone else is.

The thing is this girl is one of those that doesn't shut up, and has to have the best/worst of everything and constantly be centre of attention. She has been talking for a while about 'when' she's pregnant as if it's going to happen instantly.

I know other people I know will also have babies, and in the long run I guess it will be nice to have them at similar age, but I'm not ready for people to turn their excitement to someone else Shocked

xx

MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:44 pm 
Post subject:
It is really hard when that is the case hun - if it does turn out to be the case (sure she wasn't driving or had a headache or something like that?) but you may find that if that is how she is - people get bored of her rambling very quickly... and every pregnancy is special and everyone is always very excited, regardless of who it is.
When I was pregnant someone else I knew was too and she was like your friend - loud and proud of it - like anyone was going to forget! But I had a few people saying 'wow - you don't go on half as much as she does!' and I think they were fed up of her towards the end of it Smile

Just rest assured that yours is special and having tried so long - extra special too - and everyone will see that too. Don't let her make you jealous and just enjoy your own pregnancy and you'll find it doesn't matter who is and isn't pregnant with you - your time is your own Smile x

MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:17 am 
Post subject:
It is hard but you have to bite your tongue, and as mingomayo says, people soon tire of people going on and on about it.
I had two very different experiences... my first I was compared with someone who looked and complained of being physically ill so I got the comments of 'at least you aren't suffering like X is' when actually I was and still have support from how it was, and got little attention. This time I was the person who looked more ill compared to a colleague friend (crutches got a good sympathy vote lol), so I spent time reassuring her that it is horrible people feeling that they can pass comments and compare her to me as I knew how it felt. I didn't like the attention this time as I felt so bad for her.

It is your time, and take it gracefully - let her demand her attention, because people hate it when people go on, and it will happen... then you will find people will give you great attention and be more willing to talk to you rather than avoid.
TBH I don't think there isn't anything worse than someone who is pregnant go on and on when they aren't the first person to have a baby (sorry, not meaning to sound rude! lol!)

xx

Xxxpolxxx
Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:26 am 
Post subject:
with all 3 pregnancies someone in my family has been pregnant at the same time and i was a bit fed tbh. my first my sister in law was due 3 days after me and my counsin was due 2 days after me, second pregnancy my other sister in law due 20 days before me and this time my cousin in due the same day. i feel like it would be nice to just have a baby on my own for once lol. but people do get fed up with others moaning all the time xx
Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:26 am 
Post subject:
Thank you girls, hopefully you are right. We are spending New year at their house so i guess time will tell if my instincts were right. I really wouldn't wish the horrible ttc journey I had on anyone, and my sister only said to me the other day I'm the most empathic person she knows. Just feels so quick after my BFP.

xx

ShevAndNissyNoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:35 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Hun, I just wanted to let you know that how your feeling is completely normal. A girl I worked with found out she was pregnant when I was about 16 weeks with Alyssa and honestly, I complained that I felt like she was stealing my limelight. Xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular