Induction

ELP1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:29 pm 
Post subject: Induction
For anyone who has been induced - how long was it between going in and giving birth?? i know everyone is different but it would be good to know.

My sis was induced with both of hers and it took a little while to get things started but as soon as she started dilating that was it, it only took a few hours.

I know it will all depend on how favorable i am! and they will start with a 24 hour pessary xx

lysianassa
Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:28 pm 
Post subject:
I was induced on the Tuesday when I was already 1cm dilated and then 36 hours later when they took the pessary out I was only 1.5 cm dilated. I wasn't taken down to the delivery room until I was 16 days overdue due to lack of space/emergencies (16 days is the latest my hospital was allowed to leave me) and then I was given the drip to force my contractions. 28.5 hours later and an emergency c-section later, Sebastian was born.

Take my advice and take snacks and things to keep you occupied in hospital in case it doesn't happen straight away. I was in on Tuesday and by Saturday afternoon when I was taken down I was bored bored bored and sick of hospital food - in fact I refused to eat it and told the staff that Embarassed Laughing

nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:34 pm 
Post subject:
I went in on a Wednesday night, they put me on a monitor first to monitor baby and said he was being far to active so theyd wait till morning. They gave me a sweep though that night and I had a few period pains through the night but that was it. Following morning around 7am they inserted the pessary, started getting regular pains by the afternoon. Think they examined me about 2-3 pm and I was 3cm. Went to delivery ward and was at 10cm by 7ish. Ended up with a c section but that was nothing to do with being induced x
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:14 pm 
Post subject:
Ok this is going to be a long 1 as I ve been induced 3 times
1st I was over due
I went in at 8 pm on the sunday pessary was insterted at 2am as I was already 1cm, I started contracting at 5am and gave birth naturally with no complications at 8.50am

2nd I was 38wk and induced due to spd
I went in on the friday night, they where to busy to induce on the thursday, friday luch time I was taken to labour ward as I was 3cm just not contracting and my waters where artifically broken, I was hooked up to a drip and I gave birth naturally with no compliaction 2hrs 34 mins later at 7.04pm

3rd again induced at 38wks due to spd
I went in on a friday I think, 1st day I was given a pessary nothing happened, had another the 2nd day and I dialated to 2cm, the 3rd day my waters where broken and I was hooked up to a drip and I gave birth 1hr 4.5 mins later, so all my labours where very quick and easy once I had got going

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:04 pm 
Post subject:
I went in on the Monday morning and my cervix was open far enough for my waters yo be broken so was put on the monitor and made to wait.. They were going to send me home as they had no beds but my bp was sit high.. They broke my waters at midnight but nothing happened. I was put on a drip at 2.. Pains started at 4 and I had him at 6.15 so went pretty quick for me. Only pain relief I had was gas and air.. I was 14 day's late when i had him.
Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:18 pm 
Post subject:
i was induced the first time and from the first pessary it was about 36 hours i think but i started contracting quite quickly x
Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:58 pm 
Post subject:
I was induced at 38 weeks. Was about 30 hours until I had a c section but he was back to back

ELP1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:16 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks all so much for your stories Very Happy

Mine is back to back at the moment and really hoping he turns!! xx

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:37 am 
Post subject:
ELP I'd do some positioning exercises if you can before your induction as baby being back to back can slow things down as their head doesn't contact the cervix as well as it could . If baby gets into a good position it could help with the induction as well Smile xx
ELP1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:16 am 
Post subject:
i am doing lots of leaning forward and getting on all fours Very Happy

Had awful pains last night - really strong period pains again and stabbing and it was getting stronger and easing off a bit but still not contractions, i did think that it could be starting though. Oh well. xx

amesymc
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:47 pm 
Post subject:
i had a sweep at 38 weeks because of spd. my waters broke 3 days later on the sunday. I was told to go in for 9am the monday morning to be induced if contractions hadnt started which they had but were very random. i was put on the drip at about dinner time that day and had alfie 2:06am the following morning x he was born at 38+5 x

[/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular