So I'm having contractions!

charlene258
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:19 pm 
Post subject: So I'm having contractions!
Iv been in hospital all day cus I went in due to lack of movement from baby but whilst I was there I was having lots of regular what I thought was BH but the midwife said they are contractions she examined me and said my cervix was open but closed at the top so not to sure what that means. Theyve sent me home now and iv gota get my bags ready. I'm not sure if these will one of anything but they sure do hurt.

[url=http://lilypie.com]

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:59 pm 
Post subject:
Oooo hope this is it for you hun.. Good luck!! Xx
Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:22 pm 
Post subject:
Wow, good luck if this is it!

xx

lysianassa
Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:38 pm 
Post subject:
Oooh good luck. Wish I was in your position Very Happy

XxNOAHnELIJAHxX
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:21 pm 
Post subject:
Wow hunny sounds positive, all these december babies that are being born in november what is going on pmsl. I really hope its the start of something for you x

Char

My beautiful little men filling up my world x
zachariahelijahmalakaimum
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:23 pm 
Post subject:
Looks like u goin to beat me then hun lol

charlene258
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:42 pm 
Post subject:
But surely having these contractions all day I would be dilating wouldn't I? And she said its still closed at top.

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:29 pm 
Post subject:
I started with contractions with my first at 830 Sunday morning at 430 Monday morning I was still only just one cm but had him at 1136am Smile xxx
Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:55 am 
Post subject:
They have gone what was that all about?

charlene258
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:56 am 
Post subject:
They have gone what was that all about?

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:28 am 
Post subject:
I was like that with my 3rd . Went in twice thinking it was labour (as my second arrived at 36 weeks ) was having "contractions" the machine picked up and was 1-2 cms (both times), but had no change while I was there and the midwife said they could just be really strong BH's that can hurt but weren't doing anything to my cervix but sometimes the machines will pick them up and sent me home Rolling Eyes
I had bouts of them for a few weeks and everytime I thought right this must be it they stopped Shocked honestly I had enough to have given birth 4 or 5 times Rolling Eyes Laughing but when it was actual labour I just knew the difference right away Question
your cervix is like a cylinder shape aboput 4cms long sometimes it softens and flattens out first (effaces) before dilating,sometimes it starts to open all the way along its length before labour(especially if its not your first ) other times it will start to open just at the bottom and form almost like a long cone shape , it can do that a good few weeks before labour starts and just stay like that for a while ,
If you start to get low period type pains, very low backache or a dragging feeling with the contractions then its more likely that they're softening, effacing and opening your cervix and really getting things moving Smile
Good luck xxx
charlene258
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:20 am 
Post subject:
Oh thank u so much for that reply that's really helped me understand what's going on. I was monitered and it picked up the contractions like you. So I could be going through this for wks to come then, great!

Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:13 am 
Post subject:
Quote:
If you start to get low period type pains, very low backache or a dragging feeling with the contractions then its more likely that they're softening, effacing and opening your cervix and really getting things moving

I thought thinks may have been starting for me last night too and it was just as you described above.
Awful back ache, pains in the foof, sickness and diorheea Sad but nothing progressed so I knew it wasn't the real thing.
Got the sickness and back ache this morning too but it's certainly not labour pains. Looks like they are just prepping the runway lol
Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:14 am 
Post subject:
Duplicate post, silly phone! Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Zee81 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:09 am; edited 2 times in total
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:37 am 
Post subject:
Yeah could just be your cervix sortening and getting ready by shortening ZeeLou, apparently it can thin out a lot ,from 4cms down to 1 cm Shocked and be up to 2-3 cms dilated even before labour starts especially when its not your first ,good thing about it is though that when things do get going properly they tend to be quicker Wink Very Happy
I suppose it is a stage of labour really because it needs to happen first before you start properly dilating Question
Just not what the docs and midwives consider "established" labour , shame there's no set timing to it though , hope you're all not waiting too long xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular