George won't take breast anymore, help please.

Clairebell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:36 pm 
Post subject: George won't take breast anymore, help please.
Hi all,

George is a few weeks short of his first birthday. He has been down to one breastfeed a day for a while now which he somes times has with relish other times just messes about. He has a cup of cows milk in the morning.

He has had a really rotten cold and has been refusing to feed at night from me for the last two nights. I tried him this morning and he refused again but then drank a whole cup of his cow's milk.

I wasn't really thinking about stopping yet as I had no reason to really. If he wanted to I am happy to continue.

Couple of questions, how long do you think I can go without feeding and still produce milk if he decides to start again? If that's it and he has decided to stop what happens, does my milk gradually subside anything I should expect? How much cows milk are they meant to have at one?
Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:19 pm 
Post subject:
Anyone got any ideas? He's still not breastfeeding but took a cup of cows milk last night.
Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:03 pm 
Post subject:
Milk varies person to person. I stopped feeding Jamie in April at 15 months and still have some milk but it is going now. If you think its just his cold I would express each day and continue to offer it to him and see what happens. Nursing strikes aren't uncommon and then they might start feeding again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Feeding and Weaning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular