waters breaking

Xxxpolxxx
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:00 pm 
Post subject: waters breaking
i feel like my waters are leaking but im unsure as had them broke in my other 2 pregnancies is there any signs that it is my water and not alot of discharge or that ive wet myself??
i dont want to ring my midwife as i have no one to watch my kids till tomorrow morning xx
Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:03 pm 
Post subject:
If its really watery and coming out even if you clench is a good sign that its your waters. I would give your maternity ward a phone, they'll prob want you to go in and get checked out x

Xxxpolxxx
Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:17 pm 
Post subject:
thank you i cant get there till tomorrow after i had dropped my kids off at nursery so if it hasnt stopped by then i will ring xx
Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:25 pm 
Post subject:
I'd go in even if it hasn't stopped. Last time mine went but I'd only get a trickle here and there and the midwife on the phone said not to come in even though I'd been having contractions too. The next day after not even being able to lie down because of the irregular contractions I just went into the labour ward and they said my waters had gone. Then walking around Asda they went altogether so was lucky I had a pad on haha. So yes I would go because they can dribble like that and stop and start too. I ended up having to stay in over night because they didn't believe me when I said my waters had gone as I'd 48 hours between them going and them inducing me. Well I went to get induced but went into labour before they started me off. They think they know everything but you know your own body and they can't tell over the phone!

Nixxie
Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:32 pm 
Post subject:
Mine started like a trickle and I really wasnt sure if I had just peed myself and was getting bladder probs. I went online and found a bit that said to lie down for half an hour to see if the fluid 'pooled' so that when I went to stand up I should notice the trickle a bit heavier as it had been gathering rather than trickling.....if you know what I mean!!

All the best either way xx

baabaabaa1001
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:43 pm 
Post subject:
stick a maternity pad on for an hour or two then sorry about this but smell it if its your waters there should be no smell ( although some women can have sweet smelling or - really sorry about this aswell - it can smell like mens baby gravy ) if it smells like wee so but your bladder might be struggling with the extra weight on it.

Nixxie
Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:54 pm 
Post subject:
Mens baby gravy.......i have never heard that before.....but I love it!! Ha Ha!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Xxxpolxxx
Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:12 am 
Post subject:
i put a pad on and it defiantly wasn't wee and i tried lying down to see if it would pool but when i stood up it stop so i dont no what is was xx
Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:02 am 
Post subject:
COuld it be discharge? Tbh i'd still get up to maternity and get checked over, especially with twins being higher risk x

Xxxpolxxx
Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:52 pm 
Post subject:
i spoke to my midwife and i see her monday she said as long as it doesnt smell nasty if it is your waters they wont do anything and if its an infection it would smell or id be itchy or somethings and i see my consultant tuesday. but they basically told me if its my waters then i will loose them and nothing will be done so i dont want go to maternity to wait for hours for them to say go home and wait :/ xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular