Making noise in labour..

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:47 pm 
Post subject: Making noise in labour..
Ok with Ava I screamed the place down for the whole last hour of labour (I had no pain killers)

I have watched women online giving birth and they make no noise at all and they aren't on anything they look so happy and calm.. was I just a wimp and how can I stop myself screaming next time as I want to record it xx[/i]

Aprilxxkayne
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:08 pm 
Post subject:
yes i screamed and swore alot, i even said i was going to sack the midwife if she didnt get me an epidural. She was awful though and didnt even aid me when i needed to push so i tore badly. As soon as i got the epidural though it was heaven for about 10 mins untill i needed to push Laughing i was very relaxed after it though and will definatly be having it again. I want to record it this time too xxx

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:39 pm 
Post subject:
I cant remember what I sounded like when I had Lewis as I had been up for 24 hours my the time labour started and it went from start to finish in 2 hours lol but I rcall mooing with Charlie.. Like full on cow noises.. They moves me from the birthing centre to the labour ward without gas and air so I was worse then I got some funny looks lol. I can honestly say tHough I have never sworn in labour Smile x
Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:49 pm 
Post subject:
I just remember crying and apologising. I also remember gritting my teeth so hard they felt like they were going to crumble lol xx

XxNOAHnELIJAHxX
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:21 pm 
Post subject:
I didnt scream at all lol, didnt know how too hehe, i think the only time i made a noise was when i was pushing and that was a grunting sort of noise. Everytime i had pain i had the gas and air which helped me loads lol.

Char

My beautiful little men filling up my world x
Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:21 pm 
Post subject:
I didnt make a lot of noise either..in early labour I think I talked the hind legs off a donkey...suppose it was a distraction method...lol
No pain relief here other than a tens early on. When it came to pushing I was more of a grunter too lol.

I'm really not a screamer at the best of times.

The way to do it is to breath through it..deep breaths and focus. Smile
Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:39 pm 
Post subject:
I didn't scream at all, my hubby said it was scary how quiet I was! I don't see how women can scream so much, I was putting so much energy into pushing and breathing through the pain etc I literally couldn't have screamed if I wanted to! I think it's just different strokes for different folks, everyone's different.

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:52 pm 
Post subject:
wannaBmummy wrote:
I didn't scream at all, my hubby said it was scary how quiet I was! I don't see how women can scream so much, I was putting so much energy into pushing and breathing through the pain etc I literally couldn't have screamed if I wanted to! I think it's just different strokes for different folks, everyone's different.

Tear your [*CENSORED*] and you scream Laughing
Tbf I didn't scream until the very end and it was cuz I had no gas an air or anything.. wasnt really a high pitched scream just a prolonged "ooooooow" and I found I didn't need to concentrate on pushing.. I was more trying to stop myself but she came out in one uncontrollable push lol hense why I tore so bad haha. I honestly had no idea how to do 'little pushes' lmao

I'll try not to make noise next time but if I start farting again like I did before I might just fake scream so no-one hears that Laughing

XxNOAHnELIJAHxX
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:07 pm 
Post subject:
Hhehe, i tore down stairs too didnt really feel it tbh, until she started with the stitches and putting them in was the worse out of it all lol. I have been told to breath in, push out slowly and my hole tmi will stretch nicely pmsl. Laughing Laughing. I defo agree i was very focused through the labour, i can remember talking to myself in my head through it.

Char

My beautiful little men filling up my world x
XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:44 pm 
Post subject:
Midwife said I was really good until tore. I tore my clitoris in half, my perinium and all the way up inside me.. I think I remained focused and calm but when I went for gas and air and found the machine was broken so coukdbt have any I panicked lol had her at home so there was no more lol an ambulance brought another cylinder but I already had her by then lol

MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:10 pm 
Post subject:
RachNCharlieChoo wrote:
I rcall mooing with Charlie.. Like full on cow noises.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

sorry this really made me laugh!

xx

MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:12 pm 
Post subject:
XxAvasmummyxX wrote:
Midwife said I was really good until tore. I tore my clitoris in half, my perinium and all the way up inside me.. I think I remained focused and calm but when I went for gas and air and found the machine was broken so coukdbt have any I panicked lol had her at home so there was no more lol an ambulance brought another cylinder but I already had her by then lol

sod it - scream all you want if that's what happened! I didn't make a noise in my vag birth (on gas and air), I was desperaste to get her out without intervention so put all my effort into pushing. I was rubbish at it tho and ended up having an episostomy as she got stuck Embarassed

xx

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:31 pm 
Post subject:
i was ok at frst, just moaned with the stronger contractions.

but at the end i was screaming, and shouting and having a go at the mws. i remember then telling me to stop screaming and start pushing, but i really had no idea what i was doing.

i blame drugs, and lack of sleep! and they took the gas and air off me for pushing (i was too spaced out) so i think it was also a shock to the system.

as soon as she was born, it was like my head had cleared, I was more aware of what was going on, so I guess that was my bodies was of dealing with pain Question

I never felt the stitches, just a pulling feeling, she offered me gas and air and i said 'i did the hard bit without it, i think i can manage a few stitches' Laughing

RacheynHarry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:53 pm 
Post subject:
My midwife said I wasnt allowed to make any noise even though my mum said I should just let rip. The midwife said, no dont make any noise just concentrate on the contractions and pushing. I ended up having a c-section so didnt make any noise anyway, well maybe just talking to DH about how far away my legs felt Laughing

gemznboys
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:56 pm 
Post subject:
I didnt make any noise, although think i did grunt a bit when pushing lol but then my mum told me his head was coming down far better when i wasnt grunting so i stopped!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular