Wedding gift or not?

jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:48 pm 
Post subject: Wedding gift or not?
My cousin is getting married at the end of December. She invited OH and i, and my mum and dad. My OH wont go (not that i'm fussed) as he doesnt even know my cousin or anyone else on that side of my family for that matter. i haven't saw her since i was about 16. I have her on FB and she sent us a wee gift when i gave birth but apart from that we're really not close. My dad is her dads brother and he avoids him at all costs as he has treated my dad badly in the past so him and my mum arent going either. But i feel quite guilty about it and was thinking whether it would look better if i got them awee present or even just a gift card. What do you think? Is it weird to give a gift when you have said you arent going to their wedding?

MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:03 pm 
Post subject:
I would send a little something, since she bought you something for your babe.
I am now closer to my cousins bc of FB after years of my mums side rarely talking to each other; I think it's worth making the effort as you are both adults now and should try to not be affected about your parents past

xx

jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:15 pm 
Post subject:
Oh no i have nothing against her. I am quite bitter towards her dad as i know all the things he has done to my dad but she isn't like him. I mean she got me something for the boys yet we didnt get so much as a card from her parents! Not that i care but just shows you what they are like.
I'm not not going because of that, its mainly because OH wont go and no one to watch both the boys.

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:32 pm 
Post subject:
I would just send a card with a gift voucher

Pen81
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:01 am 
Post subject:
Sure, I'd get a nice card and a gift card or something like that. Smile I'm sure they'll appreciate the gesture. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular