Nappy Rash

JenMatthews
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:28 pm 
Post subject: Nappy Rash
My little girl is 26 days old and has had really bad nappy rash for abut a week now, I don't understand it because I've been making sure I clean hee properly and using water and cotton wool (not wipes). I went to doc and she gave me some anti fungal cream but the rash still seems to be getting worse by the day! Has anyone got any ideas about how to reduce it?

Thanks xx

Clairebell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:13 pm 
Post subject:
Plenty of nappy free time will help loads.
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:53 am 
Post subject:
Hey hun. I was the same couldnt understand how issy got it - she got like spot sized areas of it 1 just two and i didnt know what it was - went docs who said hmmm just bit infected skin maybe n gave cream / made it worse! Next day she had two more appear overnight n existing ones were bigger. So i went back n another doc saw her - she had to get another doc to come n look!!!!! She said never seen nappy rash so isolated b4 but gave her cream plus the bepantham stuff i think - one is yellow n stains everything!!! Cleared it right up. Id go back if its worse - give it a day or so n if like same or worse id return. Could be wrong cream.

Yes also air time n ensuring dry etc xx
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:26 am 
Post subject:
Have been trying to air her bum but she will never lie there for very long :/

Thanks Smile going to go back tomorrow, hopefully they'll help because it started bleeding yesterday! My poor bubba Sad xx

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:03 pm 
Post subject:
The yellow cream someone mentioned sounds like metanium. Was recommended by my healrh visitor. My daughters rash was caused by wipes but if your not using them it's not that. Could it be the nappies you are using? Maybe switch brand and see if it makes a difference.

Clairebear30
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:30 am 
Post subject:
Yes its the met one! The docs gave me that plus some other medicine cream to use on issy x
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:29 am 
Post subject:
I want to suggest you to use organic nappy rash cream that working good to remove rashes very fast on your baby skin. I also want to suggest you to use cotton nappy that good for sensitive skin and make your baby skin free from rashes.
JenMatthews
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:37 am 
Post subject:
Sorry haven't replied did read them just been really busy!
I tried metanium, as a lot of other people also recommended it, but Ava had a reaction to it and got really really sore.
We've found that the only thing that works is smothering her nappy area in sudocrem every time we do her nappy.
This was working and her nappy rash disappeared but it's returned because she's started teething already!
xxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Newborn Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular