am i going to have another mc :( UPDATED PG 4

Aprilxxkayne
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:13 pm 
Post subject: am i going to have another mc :( UPDATED PG 4
Just a quick one for some advice if anyone can help. Ive been having backache since about lunch time today and its slowly been getting worse, Now when i had a mc in may at 6 weeks it started with backache that slowly got worse untill i started bleeding about 4 or 5 days after the backache started.
Im now 7 weeks 3 days so stupidly thought i might be ok since i got past 6 weeks. Im obviously going to see my GP tomorrow and try and get in for a scan but needed to know what you ladies think. xxx

Last edited by Aprilxxkayne on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:19 pm 
Post subject:
Aww, hunni...I know how worrying it is. I was the same...but honestly I suffered with back aches and cramping right through the first trimester.
As hard as it is, try to put it to the back of your mind. Keep your fluids up as dehydration can cause cramping and rest up, lay on your side (preferably your left Smile )
And use a hot water bottle on your back to ease it.
You have to think that all your muscles and ligaments are loosening up and this can cause added achy pressure on your back and belly.

Good luck at the doc's tomorrow, i'm sure you'll be fine xx
Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:24 pm 
Post subject:
thanks for the positive reply hun but i just feel like crying right now, im praying that the backache is just normal as im not sure i can go through it again xx

XxNOAHnELIJAHxX
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:31 pm 
Post subject:
Big hugs hun, cant suggest anything more than whats been suggested. I am sure everything is ok

Char

My beautiful little men filling up my world x
Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:31 pm 
Post subject:
I distinctively remember getting this same back ache you mention cos I remember routing my back massager out at the time so its really not uncommon Wink
I never got backache as such with my m/c it was always tummy cramps so I don't relate it with the back ache myself...but its never easy when you've suffered loss in the past, you automatically compare every little twinge Sad
Try a hot bath and get to bed, maybe a paracetamol if its bad. But remember to keep your fluid levels up Smile
Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:45 pm 
Post subject:
thanks hun i think i might go for a soak in the bath and have a good cry. I dont remember if i got any backache with Kayne or not.
Also does anyone know how reliable a pg test would be at this stage? If my doctor doesnt refer me for a scan or do blood tests then i was thinking of picking up a couple of first response and doing one tomorrow and then one 2 days after to see if it lightens at all x

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:54 am 
Post subject:
I wouldn't try the pregnancy test as you might just worry yourself for nothing ? they do get less reliable the further you are and you can get false negatives due to the hook effect, or you could have one darker and one lighter just from the different concentrations of urine samples, as hard as it is I'd try and wait for the scan, if you see a heartbeat at 8 weeks then the chances of a m/c go right down .
I'd agree with the other Ladies the backache last time could well just be coincidence as symptoms often kick in around 6-7 weeks and backache is very common in early pregnancy and often gets worse with each pregnancy as your ligaments can relax more due to already being stretched .
Not having bleeding is a good sign , so I'd try and concentrate on the positives , FX your doctor refers you, if he won't some EPU's take self referrals so it might be worth ringing them direct xxx
tracebumfluffwhy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:15 am 
Post subject:
Don't do the pg test, don't know if you remember seeing my posts earlier this pg (I'm now 22 weeks) but because I've had a couple of MC's I was doing them every week and they started to get a lot lighter around 7 weeks and I paniced myself to death.

Just do as the others say, good luck hunni. xxxx

Aprilxxkayne
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:27 pm 
Post subject:
well it looks like it might be over again, ive started bleeding today, its very light at the moment but i just know its over. My doctor is arranging a scan for next week some time xxx

nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:49 pm 
Post subject:
Oh no April Sad Im hoping everything is okay for you. Just a thought but would your next period have been due around this time if you wasnt pregnant? I know sometimes women get bleeds at the times their period would have been due even though theyre pregnant? xx
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:24 pm 
Post subject:
yes ive heard that too hun, it would be due around now. I will just have to wait and see what the scan says. I wish i could just have one today. Does no one think it would be worth taking a test then? I know there not accurate at this stage but when i had my last mc the test at a+e was negative the same day i started bleeding x

ELP1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:33 pm 
Post subject:
ow hunni what a scary time for you. i know its not advisable but with my first mc my symptoms started to dissapear so i tested with a cb digi and it had gone from 3+ down to pregnant 1-2 weeks and that was around the 9 week mark. but as others have said it is not necessarily accurate.

the day i started bleeding i demanded a scan that day because it was before a bank holiday and i would have had to wait 4 days...is it worth phoning the doc back and explaining how much you need to know what is going on and you want a scan today?

I have everything crossed for you xx

xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:55 pm 
Post subject:
I really hope everything is ok April. I have heard of women getting AF symptoms and light bleeding around the time she'd be due so fingers crossed it's just that.

xx

shelleyf
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:59 pm 
Post subject:
I would call them back and explain you are very distressed and feeling unwell and you have to be seen today - you can't go all weekend feeling like this xxx
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:16 pm 
Post subject:
Really hope it's not a mc for u. I had lots of bleeding in this pregnancy early on so doesn't alway mean a mc chin up and try to stay positive oh and defo get them to scan u today or tommorow u can't wait all wk not knowing. X

[url=http://lilypie.com]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to:  

Community

Popular