merntiny leave but only 22 weeks

mylillamb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:06 pm 
Post subject: merntiny leave but only 22 weeks
hi all i wrote about having a bad back iv spoke 2 my midwife and she as told meits only going to get worse and sugested i take early mertinty leave the thing with this is im 22 weeks pregnant so that is wayyyy 2 early my boss is getting very annoyed with meiv been ov work for a week now. back att docs on mon for a sick note but i really dnt no what to do . xx
debs8
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:57 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya,

i looked up my company stuff on Maturnity and you just have to treat it as normal sick. they should pay you as if you were on a normal sickie and not because you are preggie.
Have a look at your companies stuff on maturnity. I'm sure there is nothing they can do if you are off. Your not well so they will just have to cope. x
debs8
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:59 pm 
Post subject:
Just a suggestion. See if the doc can sign you off for 6 weeks and then start your maternity. Wont be so bad then.!!
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:07 pm 
Post subject:
if you get signed off sick just now that'll be fine for your mat leave BUT if it carries on until 4 weeks before the birth they will take that off of your mat leave entitlement and it won't be classed as sick leave. that only applies if the illness is pregnancy related. if you are unable to work though cos of the pain then it's better to be at home than risk hurting yourself at work so tell your boss to get his/her knickers out of a twist !!! Laughing
mylillamb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:11 pm 
Post subject: xx
thanx u all for advice xx
FingersCrossed
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:25 pm 
Post subject:
I have just been to a conference on maternity rights today and if you speak to your employer about your condition and you dont want to get signed off sick they have three options
1 alter your working hours or conditions
2 offer alternative work (maybe a role not on the shop floor)
3 suspend you on full pay (this is not a disciplin matter - just means that while you are at risk at work for your pregnancy you can be sent home but they have to pay you)

There are no other options for them unless you go to the docs and get a sick note. If they try and do anything else it is discrimination on the grounds you are pregnant and they would be liable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Pregnancy Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular