iron levels??

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:04 pm 
Post subject: iron levels??
I remember I was anemic with Charlie but not Lewis.. My iron levels at my 8 week bloods were 12.3 .. Is it possible for my iron to have dropped below 11.5 in 11week?? Tried looking online but I dont see my midwife till January x
Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:18 pm 
Post subject:
easily - iron can drop very quickly, let alone in 11 weeks. I'd go to the GP to request a blood test. There may be other reasons why you are feeling more tired (if that's your symptom) so I would say it's best to get checked out

xx

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:56 pm 
Post subject:
It's the shortness of breath when I do anything and occasional dizziness too.. I knew tiredness
Was a sign with the breathlessness but only tied in dizziness when I looked on nhs website.. Started taking pregnancy vitamins again anyway.. X
Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:24 pm 
Post subject:
Mine has dropped to 10. They can drop quite quickly !! As said request a blood test and more so best plenty or iron rich foods (something I need to do of now) also drink orange juice with food - it helps absorb more iron x

AllyG
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:46 pm 
Post subject:
I have to have a blood test every couple of weeks as my iron levels are low anyway and keep fluctuating. Mine were 9.3 last time whereas the time before they were 10.5. They are still low and I've been on iron tablets since they got the results at my booking in appt.

I had same problem last time I was pregnant and they were ridiculously low once I had given birth although I just scraped by without having to have a blood transfusion. So I'm hoping I don't have that problem this time round too!

xx

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:49 pm 
Post subject:
my mum has problems with her iron levels even without being pregnant which is how i knew what to look for i just thought iron was more stable than that haha. ill try get an appt on monday. if not i got an appointment with the midwife consultant on the 10th... they dont give much notice! only got the letter today haha x
Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:58 pm 
Post subject:
AllyG wrote:
I have to have a blood test every couple of weeks as my iron levels are low anyway and keep fluctuating. Mine were 9.3 last time whereas the time before they were 10.5. They are still low and I've been on iron tablets since they got the results at my booking in appt.

I had same problem last time I was pregnant and they were ridiculously low once I had given birth although I just scraped by without having to have a blood transfusion. So I'm hoping I don't have that problem this time round too!

xx

Wow mine are at 10 at the moment and I've been told that's really low for iron loss so i must be lacking another mineral as well so i have to have more blood tests to see what exactly i am lacking in !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Pregnancy Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular