Explaining babies

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:00 pm 
Post subject: Explaining babies
Sam knows that babies grow in mommies tummies, and she asked recently how they get there, so I said daddies put them there, which was fine, then the other day she asked how daddies put babies in mommies tummies. So i said they plant a seed.

Im sure that will satisfy her curiosity for a few weeks, but then how do I explain when she asks again? My sister is also pregnant so no doubt there will be lots more opportunities for questions.

Sam also doesnt know about the difference in boy bits and girl bits, as it has never come up in conversation, so I havnt felt the need to explain yet.

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:21 pm 
Post subject:
i have a similar problem with charlie haha. he know boys and girls have different bits but not why or anything because hes seen me in the bath or whatever... but now he wants to know how baby will get out.. he thinks my tummy will pop haha x
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:17 pm 
Post subject:
Oliver's never actually asked how baby got there but he did ask how she'll get out..then said 'will she come out of your belly button'? I just kinda replied yes Confused
It's so hard explaining to a toddler isn't it Embarassed Question

He knows that girls and boys have different bits as he knows mummy is different to him and he's like daddy. He also has friends and they seem to follow one another to the toilet etc
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:42 pm 
Post subject:
i remember when i was pregnant my 5 year old god daughter asked how the baby got in my tummy, then asked if i ate it! Laughing

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:54 pm 
Post subject:
emmie02 wrote:
i remember when i was pregnant my 5 year old god daughter asked how the baby got in my tummy, then asked if i ate it! Laughing

Sam did say to me 'did daddy cut your tummy open to put me in' thankfully I was driving so just said 'i cant talk while im driving so will tell you later' and she forgot about it Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular