20 week scan...

Bella83
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:01 am 
Post subject: 20 week scan...
I have mine on wednesday and instead of looking forward to it i am dreading what the consultant will say about my low iron abd blood platelets. I have been having nightmares that they will hospitalise me over christmas or something. That is something i really really dont want. Not only can we not afford it as we have rent to pay and bills etc i just dont want to be sruck in hospital. My dh says i am over reacting and ill feel better once i seen consultant on wednesday - i hope he's right i cant sleep properly or anything !

Xxxpolxxx
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:03 am 
Post subject:
i am dreading my next scan as well i think they will take me in over christmas but i hope not. how low is your iron?? i had an iron infusion in my last pregnancy as mine was really low and i really helped xx
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:09 am 
Post subject:
They say its at 10 & apparently coz its at 10 i could be lacking in another mineral ? But i know ppl who's iron has been lower than that and they've had iron transfusion or iron tablets so i don't really understand. What was yours at ?

My patents are also at about 80,000 which is quite low - I'm worried they will take me in over this but another friend told me.i might just end up with a platelet transfusion as well

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:19 am 
Post subject:
i have my scan on thursday then i have to go all the way back on monday to see the consultant... i hope your consultant has some better answers for you. are you finding out the sex??
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:44 am 
Post subject:
Thanks ladies i hope I'm just worrying over something silly and if anything needs to be done it'll be meds or transfusions.

We are hoping to find out the sex yes Smile

Xxxpolxxx
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:58 pm 
Post subject:
mine was 7. something i had every iron tablet they could give me but none worked, i think they love to tell you the worse things. i hope it goes ok x
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:09 pm 
Post subject:
I hope everything goes well Bella, i'll be thinking of you Smile

Just to offer some reasurence in terms of iron..mine always between 11 &12 (and always been considered above average) so yours isn't that low really..hopefully they'll just give you some iron tablets.

Not sure about the platelets mind and my notes are downstairs. Try not to worry and listen to R Wink
If i'm not squeezing a baby out i'll be popping on FB for the news Very Happy...can't wait Very Happy
Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:48 pm 
Post subject:
good luck - I simply had mine monitored throughout, but yours are lower levels (my iron is currently 10.4 due to section blood loss and I am on double doage of iron, as here they prescirbe anything under 11). I don't think my blood loss was bc of my low platelets and they have nearly returned back to normal now. Hopefully they will be upfront with you and explain it clearly rather than giving you the 'what-ifs' which are scary.

xx

Bella83
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:10 pm 
Post subject:
Thank ladies. My consultant is pretty down to earth and prefers the real deal to the what ifs . I know i can rely on him for honest answers.

Honestly tho....whatever the outcome, i am never getting pregnant again. 3rd time and yet again its not going well ! I feel really bad, when inwas pregnant with my son i lost i spent ages wondering how i would cope (my daughter was a handful!) & if i really & truly wanted another.....then i lost him Sad now I'm going through all this [*@!#%*] its made me think i should.of justbeen grateful that i have a child unlike some who are desperate and can't Rolling Eyes

Sorry mini rant !!

XxNOAHnELIJAHxX
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:26 pm 
Post subject:
Arh hun, i am sure everything will be ok for you, good luck tomaz

Char

My beautiful little men filling up my world x
Xxxpolxxx
Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:46 pm 
Post subject:
I hope everything goes ok tomorrow xx
Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:09 pm 
Post subject:
Good luck for tomorrow hun i hope everything goes ok x

lysianassa
Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:39 pm 
Post subject:
Good luck!

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:57 pm 
Post subject:
Good luck tomorrow hun x
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:55 am 
Post subject:
Thank ladies. My mum says should stop worrying.....their main priority is me.....which i was kinda.worried about lol. Don't get me wrong don't know if i could go through another loss but i do have my little girl & my wonderful dh & family. I really don't think it will come to that though. I have a great consultant who i know will do everything he can to help me !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular