Slow labour?

lysianassa
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:48 pm 
Post subject: Slow labour?
How do you know if you are experiencing slow labour?

Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:22 pm 
Post subject:
Slow labour is basically getting tightening BH/contractions and the intense back aches but it doesn't increase in pain, they are irregular and can come and go when positions are changed or rested etc
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:36 am 
Post subject:
You don't always know Lysi Question
With my first I had low backache and period type niggles all night and thought nothing much of it,just put it down to all the walking I'd done, turned out the next morning when I started contracting that it was early labour Question Laughing
With my second I was having "contractions" straight off every 15 mins for over 16hrs but with no dilation so was told it wasn't labour at all just my body prepping for labour and I was being sent home Question
when they broke my waters though she was born 23 mins later so there was obviously something happening Shocked Laughing
It can feel different everytime, a lovely older midwife once told me to think of labour as a process , rather than an event , so it can happen gradually over days or even weeks as your body goes through changes Smile
After having loads of bouts of BH's from number 3 onwards I always ignored anything that wasn't an obvious i'm in real labour and about to give birth sign (as in waters breaking or very strong contractions)and carried on as normally as possible, after all once its the real thing you'll definately know about it :)xx
steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:08 am 
Post subject:
I was the same as Nat, started with mild contractions 5 mins apart, they got stronger but not dilating, and the hospital kept telling me it was slow labour and could stop.

lysianassa
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:29 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks girls. Well the contractions or whatever they were stopped after a few hours then started this morning again and has now stopped. I'd better not go into actual labour this week now as OH has gone on holiday for a week whilst he's got a chance

charlene258
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:59 pm 
Post subject:
What! Ur oh has gone on holiday when ur this close to giving birth! Lets hope it isn't a sign that labour is close! I've been getting them quite intense some of them.

[url=http://lilypie.com]

lysianassa
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:08 pm 
Post subject:
Yes he's gone for a 7 night river cruise down the River Nile. He's finished his job and doesn't start his new one until 1st February so has been getting on my nerves so I told him to do something and get out of my hair whilst he is still alive Laughing But he'll bring me home a few pressies and he's buying me some duty free as well for after baby has been born.

Plus I'm planning my holiday for next year whilst he's stuck at work Wink Surprised I'm thinking Corsica or Sardinia at this point as I've got to travel with two young children.

charlene258
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:21 pm 
Post subject:
Oh right so it's good he's out of ur way for a bit then, I no what u mean u get to that point where u just want ur own space and to have the tv remote to yourself! My partner works all wk and had wkends off but by sun we are having silly arguments.
At least ur getting some goodies out of him ooo what u getting from duty free? I bet he's missing u now tho. Keep ur legs crossed for this week then!

[url=http://lilypie.com]

lysianassa
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:51 pm 
Post subject:
No I don't think he's missing me, he only left 6.30 this morning, besides I'm constantly nagging at him as I'm getting really moody. Oops serves him right for getting me pregnant lol Embarassed

I've told him to bring me home a bottle of Malibu and Vodka (last time he brought me brandy - he does come in handy at times Very Happy ) but I may email him to see if he can bring me a bottle of my favourite perfume and see if he actually does it. I don't know what, if anything, he'll bring me back from Egypt.

I know about keeping legs crossed. it would just serve us right if I went into labour this week! Rolling Eyes Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular