Advice / reassurance please... who should I see?

MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:28 pm 
Post subject: Advice / reassurance please... who should I see?
No doubt in wrong place, but any quick advice is much appreciated...

I had my daughter (at 35 weeks+1) by emergency C-section 2 weeks ago today after pre-eclampsia and kidney failure. Because I have v low BP normally what is considered in normal-high range for someone is v high to me (which MWs had to keep reminding the drs and fought to stabilise my meds). My last 2 blood tests showed I still had pre-eclampsia affecting my kidney and liver and my BP remains high. I am on a BP meds and iron for high blood loss in theatre (I have low platelet levels) and I am still struggling with the kidneys not producing much urine / pain and my urine still has protein in it.

Since I had my daughter I have had a constant headache which also affects my neck - GP gave me pain relief cream for it, although he said my muscles felt fine. I am fed up of not being listened to about it and am in agony (sometimes of the day I can't look at light, other times it just thumps). When I was in hospital I was having small blood clots coming from my right nostril, but have not had these since leaving.

So my question is who do I see? I have the MW care phone number for another 2 weeks, the HV number or do I just see the GP? None of whom have my file from when I was in high dependency care for 4 days after the birth so will require me explaining again which I am so mentally exhausted of doing Sad but surely after 2 weeks the headaches should subside, not get worse?

If any one even has reassurance that this is Ok / normal, please tell me that too.

xx

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:04 pm 
Post subject:
Oh hun your having it rough.. I think personally you would get better results by returning to the gp.. As its not pregnancy related and hvs are useless(in my opinion).... Hope you get some answers quickly.. And hope your feeling better soon xx
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:12 pm 
Post subject:
If your not getting any joy out of your GP I would take a trip up to A&E.

Iv heard a few people getting results from doing that when the doctor has fobbed them off.

Bella83
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:37 pm 
Post subject:
After so many days you will still be under hospital care.....i would actually call them.and speak to someone there x x

Janey1983
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:47 pm 
Post subject:
I would go to a&e, they are more likely to do something there and then rather then have your GP refer you there anyway.
MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:11 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks ladies.
I decided to give the GP one more shot then go to hosp if no good. So, armed with my OH as back up the dr actually surprised me. He has changed and increased my BP meds as he realises they really aren't working to stabilise me, and has prescribed me pethidine for my head. I am gob smacked that he has realised that i am in pain and taken me seriously. I am back to see him on Friday and has said that if things dont start to improve he will refer me for an MRI.

Thanks again Smile

xx

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:12 pm 
Post subject:
glad you got some answers. hope the meds help Smile xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular