No more huggies!

mand136
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:09 pm 
Post subject: No more huggies!
Ive just had a huggies newsletter come through on my email which says from spring next year we will no longer be able to buy huggies in the UK and Ireland Surprised thought i would post on here so that anybody that uses them can get the heads up Smile
Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:28 pm 
Post subject:
oh that seems strange x
Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:29 pm 
Post subject:
I've had the email too. It's a shame because i find huggies good for my little boy and usually buy when on offer.
Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:30 pm 
Post subject:
I saw it on facebook and got the email too.. I think they are closing a factory?? They're going to send another email in January to say where you will be able to order them from though? X
Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:16 pm 
Post subject:
Really?! I always preferred huggies to pampers as evie leaked in pampers. Better get her night time trained by next spring then Laughing

xx

XxNOAHnELIJAHxX
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:20 pm 
Post subject:
Pampers are expensive, not good

Char

My beautiful little men filling up my world x
Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:36 pm 
Post subject:
It's because the company that makes them here in the UK is closing some of its plants and will only be making huggies swim and some pull ups. Be interesting to see if someone will take over production unless you have to source them from Italy. I know other brands are out there but surely we cannot allow pampers to monopolise the industry as it could push the prices of nappies up as no competition.
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:07 pm 
Post subject:
oh thank god for that!!! i HATE Mad Mad Mad huggies!!! they are without a doubt the worst nappies ive ever used!! they always leak with my boys - sometimes it would leak through the front of the nappy which(its like it seeps out) is just weird as normally if a nappy is going to leak its going to come out the side!!! iam and always will be a PAMPERS mummy! i love them to the point i would quite happily work for them Laughing ive never had a problem with them leaking unless the boys have had aloooooooot to drink (talking like 2pints of water in an hour!!!), or been ill and have abit of a d icky tummy(teething usually cause leaky nappies Yuk Yuk Yuk!!)other than that no problems! pampers rule Yeah Laughing

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:23 pm 
Post subject:
Huggies new born were ok but I HATED the superdry. They www bulky felt like paper and came up small. Pampers activefit or Asda

123babycakes
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:58 pm 
Post subject:
baabaabaa1001 wrote:
oh thank god for that!!! i HATE Mad Mad Mad huggies!!! they are without a doubt the worst nappies ive ever used!! they always leak with my boys - sometimes it would leak through the front of the nappy which(its like it seeps out) is just weird as normally if a nappy is going to leak its going to come out the side!!! iam and always will be a PAMPERS mummy! i love them to the point i would quite happily work for them Laughing ive never had a problem with them leaking unless the boys have had aloooooooot to drink (talking like 2pints of water in an hour!!!), or been ill and have abit of a d icky tummy(teething usually cause leaky nappies Yuk Yuk Yuk!!)other than that no problems! pampers rule Yeah Laughing

I have to agree. Huggies always leaked with DD and DS. Never had a problem with pampers. Fantastic product! Smile

15.08.09 Gone but never forgotten
An angel in the book of life wrote down my baby's birth, then whispered as she closed the book "Too beautiful for Earth"
Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:16 pm 
Post subject:
Ladies you may want to worry purely because it could mean that Pampers has a atring hold of the market and hopefully they don't buy could push prices up!'
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:21 pm 
Post subject:
i loved the huggies newborn and was planning on buying them again this time, I use pampers active fit now. There still doing wipes and other nappies like the older night time ones but i do think pampers will take advantage if this and put prices up x

Shellm
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:50 pm 
Post subject:
I used Huggies with my first 2. Then they changed and when the kids would wet the nappy went bulky. Swapped to pampers with the other 2 and they have been great.
I have just made fake snow using pampers for the kids in school to use. They love it. Very Happy Very Happy Laughing

lysianassa
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:00 am 
Post subject:
Not using the Huggies nappies doesn't concern me but does this mean that the Huggies wipes won't be made anymore? Sad I hope not because that's all we use here - the wipes are fantastic. All others are too thin and don't absorb anything but the Huggies wipes are so thick and you don't feel as though you are touching any mess Very Happy

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:13 am 
Post subject:
It's only the nappies I think Smile they're still making the swim nappies and wipes available here x
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular