contraception sources other than gp?

Janey1983
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:36 pm 
Post subject: contraception sources other than gp?
Hiya,
I went to the gp theis morning after lots of research I decided the contraceptive patch was right for me so went to ask for it. I got a new doctor who was friendly but totally disregarded everything I had said and offered me either the pill or copper coil! I came away with a prescription for the pill and a leaflet about the coil...thats not what I wanted! Can I get contraceptives from any other source? I have a list of reasons for choosing the patch over the other forms but it was like this Dr was on comission for the pill or coil and didnt listen to anything I said.
I am 29 so too old for some servces that are aimed at younger people.
Thanks
Xxxpolxxx
Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:42 pm 
Post subject:
i think you can still go to family planning they have clinics for 'older' people and i think you can go to pregnancy advisor service for contraception xx
Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:03 pm 
Post subject:
Some sexual health units offer it. I think sine doctors do get comission as mine are always pushing the implant.

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:04 pm 
Post subject:
my local health centre offers a family planning service. my gp doesnt even deal with any contraception other than the pill... they do two seperate days one for under 21 and one for any one.

Jump to:  

Community

Popular