A leap pad

ruth1980
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:57 pm 
Post subject: A leap pad
I cant decide so I have to ask on here. Is a leap pad 2 a good present for my 4 yeaer old for xmas or not - I dont know, we dont have an ipad or anything but he plays on his much older cousins i phone. Is it bad or is it just a fun little tool? _ i promise i wont use it as a babysitter and we do loads of arts and practical things at home, Im stuck - also ive never even seen one in the flesh do you have to by extra stuff like chargers and apps are these expensive(as you can see im not technical). I tried to avoid gadgets but they use an interactive board at school to play on so maybe a leap pads alright? Ive put one on hold at toys r us but havent collected it yet cause i dont know if I should. I ordered it yesterday - i have until tomorrow to collect it - someone tell me what to do lol Very Happy
steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:04 am 
Post subject:
I have been looking at this and the vtech one for my daughter, but i think im going to get her a cheap android tablet instead.

you have to buy the games with the leapfrog and vtech, but on the android tablets you can get quite a few preschool leanings apps for free, or under a fiver. the thing for me is that you can put films on a android tablet so when we go on holiday she can watch them in the car.

im not sure about the leapfrog but iv heard the vtech one eats batteries so you need to get a mains adapter.

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:31 am 
Post subject:
The games are fab but expensive and you do need to buy chargers separate. Even the downloadable apps are quite expensive for what they are.. 5pounds for an ebook etc.. If we only had one child Charlie would have had an android tablet but he has a younger brother and another on the way any the leappad and innotab are more sturdy and kiddy proofed. Lewis has the innotab for Xmas as he wants his brothers leappad all the time and it saves arguments over whos is whos x
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:04 am 
Post subject:
My kids have innotabs but since we got an ipad they don't bother with them. Personally I think they're a waste of money because of the expense of downloads and games that you have to purchase. I think you're better off getting either an android tablet or an ipad (even a first gen second hand one) in the long run as all the free apps are fantastic and the ones you have to pay for are generally affordable too. I spent something like £160 on the innotabs (before games etc) and could have got a second hand ipad for that.

wannaBmummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:38 pm 
Post subject:
I got absolutely slaughtered on here not long ago for saying that I was getting my daughter an iPad but I think they are a much better option in the long run. We looked into leap pads ect but I was shocked at how much the games and downloads were! Compared to the iTunes or android market they would have added up to a small fortune! We have brought belle the fisher price protective I pad case and have gadget insurance on our things.

dellabobella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:44 pm 
Post subject:
I think they are too. In fact I'm getting a second one this Christmas as my eldest three all argue over our ipad and Kieran always gets left out because he's the quiet one while Shannah and Adam are little tearaways.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular