Question on my half sisters behalf: Severe Turners Syndrome?

Bbf2408
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:22 pm 
Post subject: Question on my half sisters behalf: Severe Turners Syndrome?
My half sister went to her gender predicting appointment and they told her that her baby has a severe case of cystic hygroma non immune hydrops which i googled and it says its also known as turners syndrome... and they could not find the babies bladder her doctor said something like a 90 something percent chance the baby wont make it full term...
anyone been through this before? Can you help shed some more light on all of this for us?
happyhell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:48 pm 
Post subject:
im so sorry, i dont know anything about this syndrome. Have you looked on the NHS website?

Good luck x
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:10 am 
Post subject:
Hi, was this not picked up at the 12 week scan? We had this with our 1st pregnancy, severe cystic hygroma with pretty much 0 percent chance going full term. Ours was due to Down's syndrome we found out with a cvs. We chose to have a termination but really we didn't have much of a choice. Had a termination at 16 weeks so i'm afraid in my personal experience I cannot offer much hope except to say that since then in have gone on to have 2 successful pregnancies with 2 beautiful and healthy girls. I hope your sister has lots of support around her to be able to face this and wish her all the best x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Pregnancy Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular